1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dang, I could use that engine and trans, not going to have extra money for about month and half. Oh well. Would have been a good start to a restoration of the 67GT.
Lloyd

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He called me about it this evening. Car is in pieces. Motor disassembled. Trans out of car. No fenders, air cleaner, smog, radiator, intake. Says it's a GT though. Has a lot of extra parts. I told him I wanted it, but he wants to send pics first. I don't know how he could stuff everything in it so a shipper could pic it up. Can anyone take a peak at it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
He called me about it this evening. Car is in pieces. Motor disassembled. Trans out of car. No fenders, air cleaner, smog, radiator, intake. Says it's a GT though. Has a lot of extra parts. I told him I wanted it, but he wants to send pics first. I don't know how he could stuff everything in it so a shipper could pic it up. Can anyone take a peak at it?
If it is not the car of your dreams, contact me, I'll ship you mine!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I may be looking at it this weekend for my brother, who is looking for a project. It's about a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive for me to see it, so I want to know a few things abou it before I make the trip.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is not the car of your dreams, contact me, I'll ship you mine!
I pick up the car of my dreams Friday, just thought this is a great deal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I pick up the car of my dreams Friday, just thought this is a great deal.
Do not keep us in suspense, What is coming Friday?

Would have to agree on the Great Deal, Would be the best donor for mine or mine for the parts that are needed on it, to get a complete 67GT. Alas, tis not to be. Mine sits at a mechanics place waiting for him to pull the PO's 302 out again and fix #4 cyl. thought I was at least going to be able to drive it in Dec. but no, during break in of new pistons/rings #4 goes south.

Lloyd

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can anyone tell me the price listed for this car and send me any pictures posted on cl? The posting has been deleted by its author, so he must have sold it. I'd like to see what was for sale, and what his price was?

thanks

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do not keep us in suspense, What is coming Friday?

Would have to agree on the Great Deal, Would be the best donor for mine or mine for the parts that are needed on it, to get a complete 67GT. Alas, tis not to be. Mine sits at a mechanics place waiting for him to pull the PO's 302 out again and fix #4 cyl. thought I was at least going to be able to drive it in Dec. but no, during break in of new pistons/rings #4 goes south.

Lloyd
OK, OK. It is a 4??, Nah, can't say yet.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can anyone tell me the price listed for this car and send me any pictures posted on cl? The posting has been deleted by its author, so he must have sold it. I'd like to see what was for sale, and what his price was?

thanks
Didn't have a picture, said didn't have front fenders, wanted $1,000. thinking maybe someone on here picked it up. Found a 390/c6 out of a 68 Galaxie for mine, Locally, at least era correct. Poor folk got to make do!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wanted to go and look at it, but the guy didn't respond, so I too assumed he's sold it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Guys!! I actually bought this car and I am very pleased with it!! It is a RUST FREE car that came with a boatload of extra parts to include 2 390 engines. The trunk was full of parts, the interior was full of parts and the pick up truck was loaded full of parts when we left. Guy was a long time owner who had been parts collecting forever. It has been apart and in his garage for 20 + years. He was moving and could not take it with him.

This is a REAL GT car and when we got over to the guys house to inspect it, the car had a 84 DSO on the door tag. My cool car radar went off and I had a Marti sheet done with a rush.

Turns out this was a 1967 Mercury 'Introductory Show Unit' as annotated on my Marti Sheet. Jamaica Yellow with a Black Top and Interior. S-code 390 GT car with GT Equipment Group, C6 auto PS,PDB,Tilt,Console, convenince control panel, AM-8Track and more.

This is a RUST FREE car with great equipment list!!

Just thought I would let folks know what the car was and where it went to.....69Shelby

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Great Score !!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Sounds like a nice project. Contact Jim Pinkerton or John Benoit as their is some differances in the way you will want to restore it, being a early show car. I know the door jams were smooth and not as much structure to the trunk lid. They restored Cougar 1 and could give you some advice. Now we need pictures and the vin.....please.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats. I offered him full price before you talked to him, but I guess he balked when I told him I was in Florida. He said he would send pics, next thing I know, he is calling back saying he sold it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, congratulations! It sounds like a great project. I'm glad it went to a good home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice project.....I'm in Sharpsburg...will have to get a personal viewing sometime

1 - 20 of 22 Posts