Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, but a guy on my mail route is selling a '66 Fairlane GT/A 'vert. It was a nice sunny day today here in Cleveland, so he put it out on the treelawn today... Poppy red, black interior, black top, 390 automatic. Some rust :uhoh:, but not a total ECI-mobile :evil:... I can get contact info if someone is interested.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So where at in Cleveland? I work in the city (not the best part of it either) and I'd like to check it out for a buddy if possible.

I see you are in Grafton........I just moved to the same area last year. Fantastic place to live vs. the city!

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I left a note for the guy today - he called back a few hours later...

it is a '67, not 66... it has had some floor patching in the past. 126k miles. new dual exhaust, needs tires (dryrotted) Car is in Strongsville (south suburb)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hey, the town it is in can't hurt, I would want a Fairlane GT/A 'vert from Strongsville...

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Sounds awfully cheap, any chance for some pictures?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I sent you a PM a few days ago but I guess you didn't get it. If the car is still available could you send me the contact info.

Thanks,
Danny

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys, been out of town this past week for a family emergency.

I don't want to post the guy's phone number on a public forum, so I've been trying to play catch-up and PM-ing his contact info to those who expressed interest. If I missed anyone, let me know (again) :uhoh:

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at the car a little better the other day... It has some kind of subframe connectors welded in, slightly below the floor pans. Not a bad idea for any unibody 'vert, but it leads one to ask why and when. Was the car getting 'soft' and this was a band-aid repair, or did a previous owner want to stiffen the car before it got rusty.

After driving my buddy's '73 Mustnag 'vert, I can see why someone would put the connectors in. Let me put it this way -- you wouldn't want to have your fingers in the door gap as you drove down the road. Man, those cars flex!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts