1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did Holman & Moody get the car & install the 427 for maybe a Drag car? Should'nt they have the papers for the install in history if you get hold of them?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
VERY cool! I could learn to like powder puff blue I guess... ;>) I see the seller is a rebuilder - wonder what he traded it for? I would think the PO would have been money ahead to auction this thing - no?

·
Registered
568 Posts
It seems to me that if Holman Moody built it, it would have been purpose-built for drag racing and would have been lightened and braced. I also think there would be some documentation from Holman Moody of this particular car being modified by them. It very well may be a nice '66 Comet Cyclone with a 427 and Holman Moody accessories on the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
a nice '66 Comet Cyclone with a 427 and Holman Moody accessories on the engine.
From what I have been able to dig up you pretty much pegged it. Anyway, I own it. I purposely do not look at cars for sale on ebay just for this reason but some how posters like Don keep luring me in. Addiction I guess. Never so much as owned a Holman Moody T-Shirt so this should be a good education. I sure would like to come up with some original H&M sales literature from the day. This is a center oiler and I really do not know enough about the car but I have a good "feeling" about it considering what a clean c or h code Cougar goes for. One of these days I am going to get burnt buying cars site unseen, I must be nuts! Not completely site unseen, had a long talk with the appraiser and he had noting but good to say about it. I am in the market for original hub caps, anyone have a set? It comes with the original hood, the original air cleaner and valve covers should not be too hard to find.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very sorry Don. I Didn't mean to twist your arm into buying it {:?)>

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very cool car!! Poster on eBay did an A+ job with the listing and all if the potos!!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Don, hub caps or wheel covers?

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Great buy Don! Will it be delivered by the end of April? I 'd love to stop by and have a look at it.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Very cool car!! Poster on eBay did an A+ job with the listing and all if the photos!!
Considering the seller specializes in rebuildable modern wrecks he did do OK, most people never think to post pictures of the bottom side of the doors. This place got it from a new car dealer, the new car dealer got it in trade on a high dollar truck. The previous owner of 20 years imediately regretted it and has been trying to get financing to buy it back but has not been able to acquire it. I hope I can contact him as he has the full history of the car (supposedly).

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My daughter turns 16 in Sept and I told her she can drive it to school the day she gets he license.
LOL! Now that is funny! That 428 was probably gonna be too much for her. Better to shave off a cubic inch and go with a 427!

Be sure to post a pic of HER smokin' them in the school parking lot. Oh wait, I forgot, kids don't do that - and never have! Right? >.>

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Actually, the 427 only has 425 cubic inches. I remember a couple of goody two shoe type gals in High School that drove fantastic cars (Dad's were motor-heads) and we all thought it was such a waste... What the heck, sis needs to set the stage for the four brothers coming up behind her!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Considering the seller specializes in rebuildable modern wrecks he did do OK, most people never think to post pictures of the bottom side of the doors. This place got it from a new car dealer, the new car dealer got it in trade on a high dollar truck. The previous owner of 20 years imediately regretted it and has been trying to get financing to buy it back but has not been able to acquire it. I hope I can contact him as he has the full history of the car (supposedly).

I was guessing something like that!! I figured one of the "Don's" would end up with it. This should be a very fun/interesting car to find out more on....no doubt you got a better deal than the P.O got for a rebuilder!! (FOOL) LOL Congrats! WAY COOL!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts