Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have some 289 Heads from a 65 Mustang that got the full machine shop treatment. These heads have been magged, tanked, fresh valve job, new bronze valve guides,new valve stem seals, surfaced, new freeze plugs, hardened seats for modern gas. Painted Ford blue. Includes stamped rockers. $400 email Tony(at)JunkyardDoggs.com or PM me.
its been awhile fellas, but I'm back hehe

289heads.jpg 289heads3.jpg 289heads2.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
289 heads rebuilt

Turns out the date code reads C8OE which makes them a 68 casting, which is odd for 289, I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
not hard to come by - tons of them cast with C8xx --- doesn't look like hardened seats put in. Would be a good idea for whoever buy them to have that done while they are out.....welcome back BTW

·
Registered
457 Posts
hey guys, I thought the hardened seats were not there too until I took the valve out. They're there, it looks like its only on the exhaust side though (the thin ring around the exhaust valve) but not the intake. I think I'm going to leave this head shop alone, I noticed a few little missteps. I sold the heads already BTW but I have a feeling they will be coming back to me soon in the form of a refund. It looks like the head was surfaced unevenly too. One chamber was shaved down more than the others (the one in the pic) I wonder if that is enough to make a difference.

Sounds like they did it right then....might have been it was actually warped enough they had to shave a bit more off...? Never hurts to double check....guess you'll know soo enough huh? prolly OK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts