1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wow never knew about those, the front of the car, the bumper and overall blending with the hood and fenders appears to me like it could have been some of the styling inspiration for the 69 cougar and similar torinos.
Kevin

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
There was an auctiion report in one of my magazines recently that told of the sale of a 65 Parklane 4-door Breezeway sedan whth a 390 and a 4-speed. Interesting combinations of options were available to those who knew how to use the order sheet back in those days.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I owned at one time a 64 galaxie 500XL 4 door htp witha a 390 4 speed. Black on Black. Had been hit in the rear quarter so I parted it out ! Another rare one I parted was a 1964 Fury 9 passenger wagon 426 auto with 3.23 sure grip. I still have the hood emblem from that one.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
A guy who used to show up at local cruise nights in the west San Fernando Valley had a 63 Mercury Colony Park (yes, a "woody" wagon) with a 390/4-speed.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow - looking at that reminds me of a 'glitzed up' 1964 Galaxie...which I always told myself would be my 'family' car someday. But then it started me thinking about my 1967 LTD (2-door) with 390...sometimes I miss that monster, but much like Don, mine was hit in the pass. quarter and it wasn't cheap to find a replacement, so I had to let it go...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts