·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
How 'bout a link?

(writing just 'link?' wasn't long enough - 10 character minimum)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Sweet ol Merc. But it was a 7 day auction starting at 54K and with less then 5 hours left no bids.
BELIEVED TO BE THE ONLY ROSEWOOD COLONY PARK PRODUCED.
B that may be why it has no bids now. Non my color for sure.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It will take the RIGHT buyer with that color. Personally, I would have painted it another color, and taken my chances on getting my price. At least MORE would consider it as something they want to own, IMHO.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Cool wagon but the really first thing I noticed was his price and not the color. Looking around it looks like he is at least 40% too high and reflects all he put in.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Cool wagon but the really first thing I noticed was his price and not the color. Looking around it looks like he is at least 40% too high and reflects all he put in.
For the wood collector, the Rosewood is kind of a big deal. It's possible someone would pay near what he's asking for the privilege of owning the only rosewoody.
I do love those cars so.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The 58 is sweet. The 57 not so much, JMO.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not sure if anyone has watched chasing classic cars with Wayne Carini. He attended an auction on one of the shows where they sold off someone's museum in the midwest
of all 1957 year cars. He bought a sweet 57 ford ranch wagon I believe he payed up into the 30's for it. This Merc Wagon looks like it's out of that collection.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That '57 Colony Park is a beautiful car, I've seen it in person. The color is certainly a...commitment to own, though. (I ought to know, I once owned a factory orange/white '77 Bobcat wagon!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts