Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a spare or a set.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Kitty, I know where a set of those are but I dont think you want to pay for them. There pretty hard to find and worth some pretty good money. mm

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
MM

This is a picture of one I lost the bid on Ebay.
It went for $62. Is that expensive or cheap?

It took 9 months for the body shop to find me 2 when mine got wrecked....they are rare, I know.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No, I dont think thats way out of line if you needed one. How many do you really need? I know a guy with a Mustang junk yard who may have one and if he does I may be able to get it reasonable. I maynot be getting over there for a while though.

My brother has a complete set that appear to have never been used complete with center caps and trim rings but needless to say he wouldnt break up a set. I figure his set should be worth a easy $500-$600. mm

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MM

Does your brother want to sell them?
I'd love to get a set in new or near new condition.
I also, would like to get a spare since the one I have doesn't match. Should it match?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Kitty, I can check with him and find out for you! As far as the spare goes I'm not sure if there supposed to match the optional wheels on the car or not. I wouldnt think it matters especially if you have the spare tire cover on it anyway. mm

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.;)
No hurry.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi Kitty. If your car came with them from the factory, you would have 5. My 67 has all 5 ss wheels. When I bought wheels, I always got 5 ( it always bugs the tire guys, they stock in sets of 4). But it's your choice. Personally I like opening the trunk and seeing a nice ss wheel inside...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
modifiedmark said:
Kitty, I can check with him and find out for you! As far as the spare goes I'm not sure if there supposed to match the optional wheels on the car or not. I wouldnt think it matters especially if you have the spare tire cover on it anyway. mm

Cover???? The spare has a cover??? You People..... JK

Don

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spare cover

Yes, I do have the trunk mat set.:p:
Hides the swiss cheese style trunk pan!:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found 15x8 on Ebay

Will they fit? or do I have to modify?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
the set in yoour picture are for 71/72 mustang and cougar. They will fit the Cougar fine. Unless you want them on your Eldorado...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
badcatt

My Cougar wheels are 14's.
The second picture of the 5 slot wheels are 15's.
I didn't know they made 14 AND 15's for Cougar.
My Eldorado has 16's:rolleyes:

So, it doesn't matter if I put on 14's or 15's??!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please, answer me. I got 2 days left on the ebay auction for the 15's.

My car is 14's.

Did they make both sizes for 71+?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts