Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen or put a 429/460 in a 69 / 70 cougar? i just bought my 69 and have a well built 460 on an engine stand , i was going to put it into my 71 cougar but..... i think i like the 69 better . also what about headers? i just bought a set of super comp hookers for my 71 and i was wonderring if they might fit my 69 any help or advise would be great .

69 cougar 351w
71 cougar was clevland maybe 460 soon;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for the link to crites. you have a really nice cougar , i took a look at your pictures, my 69 looks preety good it has a little rust at the bottom of the quarters but it can be fixed it has a real nice interior so i thought that was a bonus maybe i can find a way to post some pictures. anyway thanks

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
For people without dig. camera's or scanners, but have pictures of there cars on film, the easiest way I know is to take the film to a camera place and get them to put it on a cd, or computer service place to get put on a cd, or floppy. Then its just a matter of going into the cd for your pictures. It isnt that much to get done either, :D

Rick

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Hey Shane....I would be interested in keeping in touch with you as you go through this. I also have a 429 sitting on a stand that I'm toying with the idea of putting into my 70. I know a big shoe horn is in order but think it would be real fun to get it in there. It's a toss up right now between building the stuffins out of my 351C or rebuild the 429 and stick it in....

Anyway, let me know how you make out....

Dale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts