Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
About a month ago I saw an ad for a 69 cougar XR-7 VIN 9F93R560938 with 4 speed (similar to mine). He indicated a 3:91 Detroit locker (must be after market as they did not offer Detroit locker to my knowledge). If he was mistaken and it was a factory 3:91 then you have a SCJ.

Gregory Griffith was his name, located in Wilmington NC $18.500 US. (910) 791-6294. Not sure if it is still for sale.

Why are you looking?? Parts for the eliminator? I just started resorting mine (resto mod) or I'd consider selling it.

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
Right....

...........next time I'll read a little closer. Makes sense now that you clear that up for me. I'll keep an eye out. I presume you want to try a stay as close to all original as possible?

Would you consider a standard 428 block with CJ internals/heads/etc or do you want the reinforced ribbed block etc (see above)? I may know where some CJ cranks/heads etc are but the block has been turned into a boat anchor (cracked beyond repair).

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sound's good

Yeah I would like to stay as close as possible to what the car was supposed to have. It would be nice to find a 69 date coded block too. But on my budget, it's not possible. People want a arm and a leg for a 428CJ.

"Would you consider a standard 428 block with CJ internals/heads/etc or do you want the reinforced ribbed block etc (see above)? I may know where some CJ cranks/heads etc are but the block has been turned into a boat anchor (cracked beyond repair)."

I might be interested in going this route till the right motor comes along. What would be the asking price?

Email me offline: [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts