Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few days ago I came across a guy telling me he had a set of 428 heads laying around that he had no use for. I told him to send me a couple of pictures so I could identify them and here is what I got. Both heads are C8OC-N and date codes are 8C8 and the other one is hard to read but might be 8C13 or 8C11. To my surprise these heads still have the original cast iron headers on them, which the owner did not mention. The owner also told me he has the matching intake and distributor from the engine the heads came off years ago. According to the seller all these parts came off a 69 Mustang with a 390 GT, but to me they look more like 1968 428CJ parts?

Attachments

·
11,000 Posts
Very nice those are for a early '68 428CJ Mustang, Cougar, Comet or Fairlane! They were often installed on 390 Mustangs, Cougars etc for a performance increase. Nice find Gry!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Gry,

Can you ask them to look for a VIN number on the back of the heads? If they were original equipment we might be able to locate the original car they were used on. The Muscle Parts catalog listed those heads for FE applications. They would be the PERFECT compliment to the 428 block you have for the G car. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill, I will give you the number when I pick up these heads Saturday :) It seems like the engine build for my XR7G is taking a new direction once again . . . :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts