Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted one, now the boss (wife) MAY let me get one. From what I understand they dont take boring very well so I dont want a .30 over, maybe a .17 at the most. I would consider both long block and complete...let me know what you have. thanks Kerry

·
Registered
307 Posts
What are you looking for? there's a complete motor on E-Bay right now. Dave Draille can put one together for you.I know where there's a 67 side oiler block thats NEVER seen the other side of 5000 rpms, it's a still stock block,never messed with.Do you want to start there? Bosscat40.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I have always wanted one, now the boss (wife) MAY let me get one. From what I understand they dont take boring very well so I dont want a .30 over, maybe a .17 at the most. I would consider both long block and complete...let me know what you have. thanks Kerry
Kerry.

The boss is the least of your problems! These are very hard to find and generally way expensive if found at all. Now, about oversize bores, you mean 0.030", not ".30", no clue what ".17" may be referring to, 0.010" perhaps? What oversize you are willing to accept narrows a practically non-existant pool even further.

You might look into the Genesis aftermarket blocks (and again be ready to spend big bucks!).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have seen quite a bit of tunnelport stuff for sale lately. Both complete engines and parts. www.fordfe.com is the place to find them. Nice forum too. There is/was a guy in Texas selling a complete tunnelport with a unique 1x4 intake not long ago. He's had the engine for sale over a year. Started at $12k and think he was down closer to $8k with no bites or decided not to sell.

Prices although still expensive are somewhat lower on some things. I think the economy has surfaced a bunch of stuff people are selling that would in better times remain stashed away. So the time and selection of stuff out there is good now and in the buyer favor most times.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Fair enough FF.

·
11,000 Posts
Kerry,

I am in Dallas on vacation and might have something for you. Give me a call 757-597-6969.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
FF I sent an pm. Sorry I didn't add an extra "0" for the 0.030" sorry, I had read that those blocks don't do 0.030" over well? But on the fe.com site they said that the max should be about 0.017" not to sure either???
bosscat I would be interested in all original also.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Kerry, I'll pm you with more info a little later tonight.I've got to go to work on my nephews 97 Dodge Avenger right now."Lord please forgive me for what I work on today!"I'll say 1 full rosary after,Dave.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Back in the old days when I was a kid, 427 Ford stuff didn't grow on trees.
Common to bore a 427 .017" to 4.250" (Std. 427 Chevy) to get a desirable racing ring package.
Kerry.

The boss is the least of your problems! These are very hard to find and generally way expensive if found at all. Now, about oversize bores, you mean 0.030", not ".30", no clue what ".17" may be referring to, 0.010" perhaps? What oversize you are willing to accept narrows a practically non-existant pool even further.

You might look into the Genesis aftermarket blocks (and again be ready to spend big bucks!).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you're still looking one is up on E-Bay right now.Item #300512790339. It's not mine and only know what is written in the ad.I still don't know how to put these up but you have the number,Dave.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I dare you to do it and then premiere it at the Greenpeace convention
In California you can drive a Prius alone in the carpool lane. A law I disagree with because it doesn't get any cars off the road. Doesn't help traffic. So I'd like to have a 427 tunnelport Prius to drive in the carpool lane.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts