Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that this probably "fits best" in the for sale section, but these are so specialized that I figure if you hang here, you'd be using them!

I uncovered a stack of these "pairs" of C3AE and C4AE left and right Ford gaskets, purchased back in the 70's and stored on a shelf in his garage...until we dusted them off! Actually, they were stored in Ford head gasket sleeves! So nice and clean!

These fit 427's (not SOHC), 390 and 428. If you need a tad more compression, these may be just the ticket!

I ship these in a 25x7x3 box, priority mail for about $10.

I'd like $60 a pair for the gaskets. If you want more than one pair, we can talk......

Cheers!
Steve

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Just wondering, tell us more about "him"? You mention "his garage" but you don't say who he is!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the guy from the NCCC "way back days" whose cars I was working to sell a while back. He had the 11 second Talladega (using these gaskets no doubt!) a CJ Eliminator, a solid cam'ed 62 Comet wagon, and a host of turbo cars. He seemed to sway to turbo cars after he got tired of FE cars! In the not so distant past, he had a beautiful 64 Galaxie convert powered by a 427 dual quad hi-riser, a Boss9 with a spare Nascar engine, and a 70 Super Stock factory drag Mustang complete with plastic doors, fenders, windows, hood, decklid.... the "other white car"....

These gaskets are part of his collection!
Steve

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was digging through some more stuff and came up with a set of the C3AE-BS and C4AE-BS gaskets as well, still in their original paper and cardboard wrappers! These are a tad thicker than the -B parts at a whopping .020" compressed thickness!!! If you need that drop in compression .......OR if you need a rise in CR, these could help you out!

Steve

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Steve sent you a note about the BS gaskets. Thanks again for all your help!

Glenn.

·
11,000 Posts
I moved these threads to the classifieds where they belong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts