Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got my block back from the machine shop and am ready to get a stroker kit. Can anybody recommend a good place to get a stroker kit? I've been all over the web looking for the past month and am basically getting confused now. I guess what i'm looking for is for a good kit and a place that is a professional business to order from. I've been in contact with a couple of places that seem to just want to get your credit card number and send you a kit, if and when they have them in stock. If anybody here has had good luck with a place to get a stroker kit let me know!

Cheers,

Brian

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I see that Coast Performance (coasthigh.com) has more than one. They also have other size 351C-based stroker kits as well. Expen$ive, though.

Cnc-motorsports.com has a 393C kit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Milo,

I was actually looking for that coasthigh place again as I ran across it last week. That does help and it looks like they have their act together at least the way they have their site set up.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keith Craft engines have a good reputation, not sure if they have Cleavland kits, been a while since I looked at their site.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
CHP has a great internet reputation, I have not bought from them..Check on some of the mustang boards before you spend any cash though, just to ease your mind.
I am also on stangnet and corral.net..And sbftech.com..

·
5,470 Posts
Most of my buddy's stroker motor kits came from Coast High Performance. That's a 347, a couple of 514s and a 557. No problems with any of them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Yeah...Coast seems to have their act together. Probably gonna order a kit from them in the next few days.

·
5,470 Posts
Pic of 347 stroker in Pinto wagon leaving the line... on borrowed drag radials, no less! 10.47 @ 124 hitting the rev limiter on 1-2 shift and going through the finish line since the drag radials are a tad shorter than his 10x29 slicks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why 408 vs 393 or 383. I've been thinking a lot about 383. It has the Best rod to stroke ratio. Which equates to longer engine life and less stress on the thin side wall cleveland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently install a CHP 408 kit in a Cleveland engine. The kit took a while to get(~5 weeks), as Clevelands are not a common build these days. I did go with the steel crank option kit, so maybe the cast might be quicker to get. The kit fit without any grinding or clearance issues. I did not have any issue with CHP. Also, getting the right timming chain setup for a stroker Cleveland can be a pain(cleveland gears/SVO crank for my steel crank kit). I used the Roll Master 3130.

·
Registered
59 Posts
McKeown Motorsports is very knowledgeable when it comes to stroking Clevelands. Im getting my parts from him this fall.

http://mmeracing.com/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool,

At this point I am considering going with the 393 kit as I don't like the wrist pin intersecting the oil rings. Will probably get a kit for longevity as I am not gonna race this car. Seems some of the kits don't last as long because of the lighter racing pistons. This Cleveland stuff is new territory for me though. It is super cool engine.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts