Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to check something out with all you 69/70 owners in regards to your 4 way flashers (Emergency Flashers). I recall my first 70 when I put the 4 ways on, the front and rear would flash at the same time and the side markers would be off a half beat....I hope that makes sense? In other words when the front and back were on, the sides were off and when the front and back were off, the side markers were on.

Now I ask this because the 70 I have now does not work that way. I am more inclined to believe my first 70 was right and this one is wrong but would like to hear how everyone else's behaves before I start digging deeper.

Thanks

Dale

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Dale,

I just checked the flashers on my 70, and they all flash at once, no delay!

Hope this helps

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Dale I think its what box maybe as 69 and 70 boxes are diff. 70 has the horn relays available at any parts store.I have one that flashe like you mention and its very pretty for lack of better word to see the light show like that. Now I hafta go check my flashers,lol

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you find Ray?

Just curious Ray....does yours flash the same way?

·
Registered
19 Posts
being as how i dont have a classic cat but do know someone who does intown and will find him tomorrow and talk to him and see how his flash and all i dont know how much thatll help but ill check that out

hope it helps some just give me a day or two

laterz and peace

Justin O.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Dale sorry to be so slow. Got all my catz apart it seems. My 70 I went to check it and dead battery dunno why as was no problem last time so I gotta job to do. 69 xr7 early production flashes so fast I can barely see the frt and rears and no side flash at all. I am sure its 70s with the three pin door jamb switch that flash offset which looks grreat and I am sure my 70 does that but I gotta charge a battery first looks like,so I'll hafta catzyalater on the light issue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
turn signals/flashing

just checked my 70 standard cougar.....when the turn signals are on.....side-rear-front-......all flash at the same time.......

hope this helps

gary

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys....hey Gary, what I was looking for was when the Emergency Flasers are on what happens? Do the side markers flash on the offset delay to the front and rear lights?

Just curious if someone had done some creative wiring on mine or not as I really like the way it looks when they flash like that.

Thanks again for all the input....

Dale

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Dale got a battery in today and 4 ways flash side and frt/rear same time allthough it was this cat that I thought flashed off sequence. Cat I checked is a 70 xr7.

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ray....I don't know how this other one of mine was hooked up or what was different about it but I really liked the way it flashed in an alternating sort of way. It was truly cool.

Dale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts