Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 1967 cat with original running 289 ..i want to upgrade to a 4 barrel carb and intake as well..where can i find these? theyre so hard to find

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would try edelbrock. I have an Edelbrock intake and carb for my 289. Never had any problems with the carb.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree an edelbrock or a carter is a great trouble free street carb.

T

·
0 Posts
i have a 78 but, i got mine from holley, they might have one for yours too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have an edelbrock intake and carb for my 351 and have been pretty happy with it. They are a little expensive though, IMO. Just keep looking and you should be able to find something.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
jumpin' on the bandwagon...

I'll put my vote down on the Edelbrock as well! I put a performer set ("matched" intake and carb) on my built-up 302 and it is GREAT and trouble-free *knockin' on wood*

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Broken Arrow. cool. i know some folks out there at the dresser rand / hanover shop

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have 2 old cast iron 4BBl's and 1 aluminum 4BBl factory intake. If you want to keep it stock I could help you out with maybe one of them. I went semi-hipo and to an aluminum Edelbrock air gap one with a Holey 750 DBLPMPR.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
I also can help out stock wise. I have a 4300 289 carb as core or rebuilt. I think I sold the intake though. I have an aluminum hi rise. $100 carb $50 core $150 rebuilt. I have Holley 600s $50 and up to $150 also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts