Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in a yard in Sophia, NC today and saw a 19?? Fairlane with 390 badge on front fender. Car was in tact as well as engine w/390 on air cleaner. Was very sludgey looking, etc., but appeared complete. I took some pics that will be developed this weekend if anyone is interested.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
OH OH OH!!!!!!

Me, Me, Me, Im interested in parts, not that I can afford it but I have a list soooo big, the motor and mounts, coils, bucket seats, floor shifter, carpet, 9 in. rear-end, (I have a 8in. but with 3.55gears)

That should be it for now.

Rick

Oh, NC, kinda far huh, got me excited there for a sec.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terry-
I took pics of sideview passenger, driverside from front fender, and a pic of the engine compartment after partially cleaning off 390 sticker.

Dave-
I can't answer your question (Im not even sure what year it was), but I'm sure if you post the question on main forums area someone will be able to answer it. It was a straight, but I didn't look close enough to know if it was 3 or 4 spd.

The man to talk to if anyone is interested is RP. If you call him tell him Chuck from W. Va. told you about it. He went to school with my father-in-law so it might help with dealing. Key word--MIGHT. It is between a 2 1/2 and 3 hour drive for me but if I can be of help to anyone let me know. I will try to get this roll of film finished up and get it developed ASAP.

The number_ 336-498-7160

·
Registered
889 Posts

Im looking for the 390 fender badges.let me know if your going bck down there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan-
Actually, my brother-in-law only lives about 10 minutes from there. If you want, I can see if he would check on price/availability of them? He stays pretty busy so I doubt he would go to the yard, but RP would probably take them off for me. My wife is probably going down there to visit her brother next Thursday, so I might be able to get them as early as then.
Chuck

·
Registered
889 Posts
thanks RAGCAT

That would be great.Send me an e-mail when the task is done so I can settel up. Dan. I hope he gives you a fair shake on them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan-
Sorry. I guess there won't be any parts coming off this fairlane. I talked to RP today and this one is one of those sad cars in barns stories. It belongs to the son of the original owner who works there and is "going to restore it one of these days". RP said there was another fairlane in the yard but he didn't think it was a 390. He is going to check it out and call me if it is. If so, I'll let you know.
Chuck

·
Registered
889 Posts
thanks any way

oh well the hunt contiues i will keep on trolling. Dan

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a couple of yards around here I will check on when I get the chance. Is there anything in particular I should check for or is a 390 badge a 390 badge?

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
390 badge

it says 390 and there is two flags on it

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
390 badges

Dan,
That sounds like the Galixie badge. The link I posted to , has 2 badges, The one on the right is from my 69 390 cougar. Needs to be repainted like the one on the left that is from a 67 Fairlane. The only defferance I can see in the 2 is the earlyer one has bigger pins. Neal.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not that it matters anymore, but I think this fairlane had flags on it. I have the pics but I wasn't close enough to be able to really make out the detail on the badges.
Chuck

·
Registered
889 Posts
WHICH IS WHICH?

SOME GUY TOLD ME THE ONES WITH THE FLAGS WERE CORRECT AND THE ONES YOU HAVE ARE CORRECT.I DONT THINK MY 69 XR-7 HAD ANY ON IT TO BEGIN WITH.TH KID PULLED EVERY THING OFF AND FILLED THE HOLES IN.THE ONES IN THE PICTURE LOOK RIGHT TO ME.NOW TO LOCATE THEM WITHOUT GIVING UP MY 1ST BORN MALE CHILD IS THE CHALLENGE. DAN

·
Registered
95 Posts
hmmmmm

Dan, I have a set of 390 badges from a 68 fairlane that are the same as the ones in the picture shown earlyer in this discusion. Dont know if i want to get rid of them, but make me an offer.

Curtis

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I had a thought on this badge, It's a Fairlane part so I ordered a Fairlane catalog from Auto Krafters. And they have it in repo for $29.95 each. I ordered 2 and will post what I think of them when they get here. It's part number C8OZ-16228D. Neal.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
repo 69 cougar 390 badges

I recieved my new pepr C8OB-16237-d badges today. They are nice. The back is identical to the originals. The color is nice and the price is not to bad from auto krafters the pair cost, with shipping $67.85. In the picture the one in front is the repo, middle is the original and the last one is a 67 part with bigger mounting pins. Neal.

·
Registered
889 Posts
thanks neal

Now I know what to look for.I will have a set by the time the painting is done. Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts