Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an 74 block bored .30 over not sure what heads are on the block. I'm goin guess stock 74 heads I have a edelbrock victor thats been turned into an efi manifold. now I'm stuck on the wiring. what are people running I found a painless for an 87-93 mustang is that the wiring I need. plus how hard is it to put in what mods do I need to do to the wiring.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
do you have the throttle body unit yet? is it been set up for sequentail injection or cfi?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not want to send that much money. I found an painless for an 87-93 mustang for 250 is that what I need and how hard is it to install.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
you have the part number off the painless harness?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
unless you got some kind of deal, summit has it for 525.00 , imo its a waste of money the ford setup is better ,

plus the ford harness does away with the egr and the vss as well

·
Registered
780 Posts
As another person who has done this swap I'd have to agree with JK69cat.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i have never heard anyone say anything good about the painless efi harnesses. ever!

·
Registered
780 Posts
You can get it directly from Ford Racing and I think you can even buy it through Summit. There is even a copy of the Ford Racing harness for EFI swaps (Sorry I should say that Ford racing copied this harness!) at the link below. I sent him in my 93' Mustang GT harness into this guy and he even redoes them so there is only the 3 wires you need and relocates the ECU so it fits under the dash near the glove box. This guy makes them for Scott Drake and they sell it for $750 or buy it direct from him and save a couple hundred or 3rd option is to find a used harness on Ebay off an 89 - 93 Mustang and send it in to him to modify and you could save more.

Check the link below.

http://rjminjectiontech.com/collections/50l-efi-harnesses

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't remember but if you email him he'll give you a price and time frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts