Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need some help in identifying a 4V intake manifold that is on a windsor in my 68. It appears to be aluminum. It has a date code of 9/29/69 with a casting number of C90X-9424A. Not a big expert on the windsor series. Just checking to see if I need to replace this intake manifold with another(better) one.Thanks.

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
It's trash, just send it to me. This is a good Vintage Ford Power parts intake and if in good condition is worth$ 2-300 US. I have one I plan to put on my 70 XR7 351W soon. Some had "FORD" or "SHELBY" cast in infron of the casting number. There are better new manifolds but you should be happy with what this one will do. Neal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Neal. Would you also know what the usable power range would be? I've got a Performer RPM on my 69 with a 351W and it seems to work quite well. Didn't know if I needed to pick up another one or not. I haven't seen too many early 351W factory aluminum intakes. The 68 isn't heavily modified so it looks like I will leave it on there for now. Thanks,Matt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts