Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are the differences between the 351c z bar and the 351w z bar besides the part # DOZZ-7528-D and C9ZZ-7528-A? thanks

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I would think they are the same but have nothing to cite as evidence of this.

Edit, well maybe I do have something to cite, sort of:

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=7528D+01

NPD too although both say 351W in both years. I am pretty confident that Cleveland would be the same. There is no reason for a difference. I replaced an original 351C car bar with the repro I cited and it fit fine (although I did remove that post bolt thingie for the spring because it hit the headers).

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
And there you have it! The voice of first hand experience (Don) vs. the blowhard (me)! :buck:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don I checked WCCC but there wasn't a picture. Anybody have a picture comparing the two? Just trying to make sure when buying that I am getting a 351c vs 351w.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I want to know too. We have one that I suspect is for Cleveland, but not positive.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Here is a pic of my 351c Z bar -- note: it has a piece of angle iron welded on to it.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Here is a pic of my 351c Z bar -- note: it has a piece of angle iron welded on to it.
Hope it helps.
I have a similar bar myself (from a '70 351C) but I laminated a thick piece of bar stock onto the part you have the angle iron on and welded. Which is also why I bought a (351W) repro when I did Isabel (and went to a CF dual friction diaphragm clutch which doesn't kill clutch linkages like a HD Long style clutch does). I have not seen a 351C-specific repro.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Scott, Does your bar look like the one pictured. I found a bar but it looks different. Also the one pictured looks like what I see for the 351w? Maybe I should just hydraulic or cable.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
So Scott, Does your bar look like the one pictured. I found a bar but it looks different. Also the one pictured looks like what I see for the 351w? Maybe I should just hydraulic or cable.
Was on a road trip for WCCC, will check and report Monday or Tuesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts