Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The intake manifold has 2 tubes coming out of the P side of the manifold. 1 tube is the heat tube that goes to the choke housing. The other tube is aluminum and I haven't got a clue to what it should connect to. Can someone please help me this?
Engine Fuel line Auto part Electrical wiring Wire

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
To either the air cleaner or a nipple on the air horn of the carb (if there is one, may be 2V only). It's purpose is to draw (filtered) air.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't find any location on the carb or air cleaner to attach this "line" even if I extended it with a rubber hose.
Should I just block it off and not use it?

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Isn't the 351C choke stove in the intake manifold? I know it is on the 351M/400.

Any way, one tube goes to the fitting on the carb choke horn and is connected with a piece of rubber hose, the other connects to the choke assembly on the passenger side of the carb with a threaded brass fitting.

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
Correct on all Yelo. Tom doesn't know where to connect the fresh air end of the stove.

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Looks like it was either removed or he has some odd replacement carb without the choke heat snout. The right top would solve the issue, and probably not cost much either. I bet West Coast probably has a few junker cores they'd sell.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found a hole in the upper carb body just above where the PVC hose attaches to the carb. I cut a short piece of tubing and pressed it into the hole, this will give me a nipple to attach a rubber vacuum hose between the aluminum tube and the carb. This will definately give me filtered air to the intake manifold fitting. I believe my problem is solved. Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe the hole you are referring to is where mine attaches as well. I think they had a plastic nipple pressed in there that tends to break off, but I'm not sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.