Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here, but I like what I see! Im looking for some very specific parts and they only came on 69 Cougars. I"m looking for the power steering bracket and a three dimentional, triangle that connects that and the air conditioner bracket all from a 351w. Please e-mail if you can help Thanks, J67TOY

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
you sure that those are Cougar ONLY parts? there is a 69 Montego with a 351W at the junk still. i can get them if those are still on it. but let me know.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
aww man, now i cant go to the junkyard? :( lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
lol well, you might =) I forgot I have a 302 now, its not the 351 it was supose to be. But I am still pretty sure they are the same brackets. If they aren't, then you'll be goin to Ecology =)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have bad news for you. The brackets are completely different. I just pulled my 351W and dropped in a rebuilt 302, and Got everything done until, it was time to mount the alternator, and PS. Since the block is decked, there is a 1-1 1/2 inch difference. on both sides. I actually need a spacer that goes from behind the alternator bolt to the cylinder head. Its like a slip that goes over the bolt to take up the space. But let me tell you, there is so much more room to work in. But its only temporary, until I build the ultimate 351.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts