Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a picture of a finished product 351 Cleveland engine. Just wanted to know what to look forward to. :D
Thanx:cool:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
?????

:confused: Like what do you want a pic of? :confused:

I have had a 'signature' engine 'look' ever since I became a motorhead. It doesn't matter what kind or brand musclecar. I've had small block Chevy and big block Chevy in my (shhhhh) 74 Camaro and other than that, all I have had worthy of playing with have been my Cats. Block the factory color, intake bare aluminum, black crinkle finned aluminum valve covers (remember those> ;) ), and the headers were either painted white or lately Eastwood's hi-temp stainless steel paint. I'll use some hi-perf ignition wires, Holley carb, MSD module, some sort of hi-perf ignition coil... Everything else is left factory under the hood.

Well, both of my Cats have been 'delete A/C', with Alpha going all the way to the point of welding up the old heater A/C hose firewall cutouts to more accurately resemble a non A/C car, and the heater box was replaced with a non A/C heater plenum, and the heater controls were also replaced. Beta Cat just had the underhood A/C parts ripped out since they didn't work anyway, and were in the way....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a pic from under the hood. I wanna see all this you have done to that 351 :D I'll try to get some pics up soon:) If I ever find out how to use this digital camera:confused:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Are you going for strictly stock or slightly modified??? There is a big difference IMHO. Mine is pretty much bone stock( check out("more texreps cat pics") I had a couple of "73's" and they looked pretty much the same....Stock like my 68. Both had 351/2V Clevelands.Ford blue all over everythimg. You can go go with chrome valve covers and the rest of the stuff but what it boils down to Is...... what do you want it to look like?

Don:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
351 c pic

Here's a pic of a 351C in a 72 Cougar XR7...........Isn't it a beauty! HAD YOU GOING DIDN'T I!!! He He
Actually I have a pic of a fresh 351C that was in my 70 Cyclone. When I get a chance I'll scan and post it.

Zane

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
you want it, you got it...

and it ain't a toyota!

pic 1 is the 351C-4V. pic 2 is the Holley carb attached to it (this one is for cj.)

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
pic 2 (i forgot. i can only put one pic in a post)

the Holley...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
take your cat to the local quater car wash and clean the engine compartment thuroughly and then use a thing called "engine detailor" made by CD2. It will look GOOD!

Don:cool: :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think I may be leaning toward some chromed Edelbrock valve covers and air filter. I was just wondering if there are any dress up parts that can offer performance gains in hp & torque. Also will it make a difference what size air filter I use with a 4bbl carb?

:D Kyle:D

·
Registered
364 Posts
uh, texrep?

you saying it looks bad? sheesh, i thought it was pretty clean myself.

is engine detailor something that's available at the local auto parts store?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

No not at all.. It looks real good right now ... All I meant was you would be pleased with the results if you try that engine detailer stuff. Your cat looks great

Don:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts