Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this engine built for me about 5 years ago put about 8k miles on. Doing a good amount of restoring on my 67 so i pulled the engine to paint the engine bay and while i was there i wanted to freshen up the engine with a new cam gaskets paint water pump etc. I just sold a motercycle and am upgrading to a 347 so this on has to go i had run this engine for about 45 min adjusting valves and breaking it in so if you would like to see this thing run you got 3 1/2 weeks till the other one is here. Call Jerry if intrested at 281-463-6760 i can email pics or you can come by and checkit out.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Read the post and was wondering:

8K miles on is one thing and running 45 minutes adjusting valves and breaking it in is another, which is it?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmmmm, this one is tricky. Let me guess 8k on the original build and 45 mins on the new cam--maybe--uh oh I dunno! Why a new cam and gaskets after only 8k

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hmmmm, this one is tricky. Let me guess 8k on the original build and 45 mins on the new cam--maybe--uh oh I dunno! Why a new cam and gaskets after only 8k
Yeah, you're right! Note to self: "read the post well before jumping to conclusions". Sorry about that Jerry! But, yeah, why new cam?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use to have this as my daily driver finally got a truck so i could restore my Cougar. This engine was built to have hp and drive nice on the road. Now that it is not my daily driver i wanted a cam that sounded like it had some BALLS at idle (who wouldn't) thats why i went with a new cam while i had the engine out i replaced all the gaskets cause i wanted to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts