Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v got a 64 1/2 289 and c4 tranny and was woundering what the demand was for them. It is the five bolt bellhousing. The motor needs compleat rebuilt. I know there some mustang guys here that might be able to answear my question.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think they would only be worth something to someone restoring a car who needed the correct eng for it. Most all others will run away from that bellhousing. mm

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Jeff said:
I've got a 64 1/2 289 engine and c4 tranny and was wondering what the demand was for them. It is the five bolt bellhousing.
You sure it's a 289? 260's looked very similar!
If you can supply the block # (Above the starter area) I can look it up for ya!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Its a 289 a friend of mine knows the numbers off sb fords. he's more into hotrodding them than compleating a stock origional. So he doen't know the demand for them. Yea I would like to sell it. I dont plan on restoring a 64 1/4 mustang.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, they went to the 6 bolt in 65, so it's only good to smeone doing a 64 1/2 or possibly an early 65 (my friends 65 Fairlane that my motor came out of had the oddball 5 bolt 289. It was a very early 65 model.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
if you havent sold the engine yet i know a guy that might want to buy it. hes a Mustang freak so ill ask him

1 - 11 of 11 Posts