Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 289 engine to rebuild for a67 cougar in north calif cheep price appreciated

·
Contributing Member
606 Posts
289 For a Rebuild?

Hey Sic,

I have a 302 sitting in my garage right now that I would let go real cheap. I'll even leave the cool looking valve covers on it. I also have another 302 at another location nearby. I live in northern Ca. too. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im really looking for a 289 but just for refference how much would you let it go for?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw i can get a 289 for that at the junk yard next town over i was hoping i could find one for about 100 bucks somewhere thanks though man

·
Contributing Member
606 Posts
So if you knew that what did you need the reference for? Tell me where that junk yard is and I'll go get one too. As a matter of fact I think we should all get one for that price. That's great!!!

·
Contributing Member
606 Posts
Well let me know what junk yard you go to that you can get either for that price and I'll go with you to pick it up. I have been to a whole bunch of junk yards here in the bay area and haven't seen that. Maybe you know of one that I don't.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
John, I can maybe hook you up with a 69 302. Its still in my brothers parts car and it ran decent when parked. Could probably bring it to Columbus in a couple weeks. Let me know as I have'nt talked to him about it. mm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts