Mercury Cougar Owners banner

2012 WCCC Open House / Cruise / BBQ / Show

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  JB BATTERSHILL 
#1 · (Edited)

It's that time of year again, and it's coming fast! Our open house this year will follow the same successful formula as last year.

Friday, August 3

1pm-5pm: WCCC Open House (Brooks, OR)

Walk around our shop & wrecking yard, meet the crew, pick up parts for your car, eat snacks, check out other people's cars, etc.

NOTE: If you want to buy some parts while you're here, it would be easiest to place your order ahead of time and tell us you'll be picking them up. Otherwise, you may want to stop by a little earlier in the day to make an order in person.

5pm: Cruise to Silverton / BBQ at Brian's House

A nice scenic drive though farm country takes us to the home of Brian Aust in Silverton, OR. We'll park our Cougars on the grass and have a BBQ / social evening. This goes until it gets dark or Brian gets tired of us.

Saturday, August 4

Antique Powerland: The Great Oregon Steam-Up

Free all-day event if you bring your Cougar (otherwise admission is $10). This is an amazing venue and event to experience if you've never been. It mostly is devoted to antique steam-powered implements, but there is a lot of other cool stuff to see. We'll have our own designated area to show our Cougars, amid other classic cars. More information on the Steam-Up can be found here: http://www.antiquepowerland.com/info/annual.html

Last year, we made a video to show what the experience is all about. Check it out:

Directions:

West Coast Classic Cougar
5377 Waconda Rd. NE
Salem, OR 97305

Take exit 263 off of I-5 (Brooks) and go towards the Pilot gas station. Keep going until you get to River Rd. (by the train tracks) and turn right. Then when you get to Waconda Rd. (blinking yellow light) turn right. Go over the train tracks, over the freeway, and WCCC is on the left (look for the large warehouse).

Brian's House - Follow us there from WCCC on Friday! Or, if you can't join the cruise, contact Brian or us for the address. Don't want to post it publicly.

Antique Powerland - Remember the aforementioned exit 263 on I-5? That's where the Steam-Up is. You would have driven right past it on the way to WCCC the day before.

Hope to see you there!

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
It was fun the first year. I put it on my calendar. Now to see what eles gets put there.

#3 ·
Don please move out here to the midwest so we all here can congregate from near by states . Kinda like in the middle , Build It And They Will Come .

#4 ·
^^Yeah what he said!! I'll just live in jealousy I guess....<sigh> I read this every year and it sounds SO COOL/FUN...it's long @ss drive for us Mid Westerners though......at least we see the pics/vids!

#7 ·
Don,
I would love to be there and meet the staff who have helped Jenny and I out. But as some others have said, from Dallas ... it is one heck of a haul. Especially with a car that has no drive train in it. Also, if you ever consider one in the midwest, like OK, TX, KS, etc ... August can be brutally hot.

Eat a hot dog for Jenny, I'm tryin to lose some weight.

#8 ·
Well, it's coming up this weekend! Also, the plans for Friday evening have changed. Brian is unable to host the BBQ this year, so instead we will have a BBQ on-site at WCCC during the afternoon, and then around 5 pm we'll cruise across the Willamette River, down the other side through West Salem, back across the river and through town, then end up at Sonic in Keizer. It's roughly 22 miles, mostly scenic countryside with a little city driving mixed in. Here is a map of what the cruise route will be like (hopefully that link will work). Looking forward to seeing some of you this weekend!

#11 ·
#10 ·
Thats is a great shot, thanks for posting it as the intro to the rest :beer: Glad to see someone from the 71-73 crowd showed , nice looking cat even if it isnt a vert :lol:

#12 ·
the last time i saw that many cougar tails was when they were new on the dealer lot in a nice neat row. a long time ago.

#14 ·
Talk about screen savers!! Hmmm what kind of establishment would have that much kitty butt all lit up...? Lol

#15 ·
did you guys try to get all the sequential turn signals going in sync and video it? For some reason that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the pic :)

#20 ·
Thanks guys! I knew as soon as I took the picture that it was going to be a favorite. Wouldn't it make an awesome canvas print to hang in your garage / living room / man cave? If people are interested, we could probably get some really nice canvas prints made for around 75-100 bucks apiece. Or maybe just print them as posters, which would be much cheaper but not as cool.

Oh man, I wish I would have thought of that! I doubt they would all be synchronized, but that would look really cool nonetheless.

#18 ·
I have it on both my home and work computers. Great pic!

#22 ·
Video is done! It's not quite as fancy as last year's video but I think there is some better driving footage this time. To me, that's the coolest thing - seeing these cars on the road. If you didn't make it, at least this gives you an idea for what the event is like. Enjoy!

#23 ·
Nice, but the camera car driver needs to do a better job of respecting the double yellow lines and stop signs......

#28 ·
Thanks for taking us along for the ride Andrew/Don.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.