Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cougar Club of NJ/PA and the Delmarva Cougar Club have decided to slap the official Prowl designation on this summer's Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 1-3.

We have a block of rooms all lined up at the lovely Hotel Carlisle, so come join us for our famous parking lot mixers!

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
A good time to be had by all, I look forward to Carlisle AFN like a vacation trip, and will be bringing my just restored Boss 302 Elim.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely Carlton, I can't wait to see it either.

In fact, I may swing by in May to get a sneak preview!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...slap the official Prowl designation on...
What does doing this portend? Reason I ask is I have a suggestion. If the Cougar's really want to prowl, let me suggest signing up for the Saturday evening downtown parade ($10), my wife and I participated in the first one last year and it was a blast. The procession drove into the center of town and parked three-wide (one row along the L/R curb and one down the middle, we were in the middle). There was a live band and a lot of people. Very enjoyable.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds great to me! I plan on driving my POS, 9 miles to the gallon XR7-G this year.

We can work out a plan once we are all there.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
It's all in the people attending the AFN's hands. This much I know, there will be at least one really neato cool Cougar in the parade. Last year it was the only Cougar in the parade!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
LOL! I know.

I wanted to wait until gas reached at least $4.00 a gallon!
By the time AFN rolls around, $4 may seem cheap!:whore:

·
Registered
336 Posts
US$4 a gallon, geez. you guys don't know how lucky you are. We are paying NZ$2.29L for 98 octane, which equates to US$7.12 gallon. Enjoy the parade.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
$7.12 ouch. 98 Octane, yum!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I pay about $9/gallon for 110 Octane at the track.
As will I when I go to Englishtown Raceway Park drag strip! (Assuming you can even run on lesser fuel) guessing it makes a big difference in the way the engine runs?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What do you have that requires 110 octane?

I'm running 15:1 compression on the race car.
True 10:1 (which is more like what Ford advertised as 11:1), on the hairy edge of what can run on 93 octane with iron heads.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bob, If you mix CAM2 and Hi test together 50/50 you will have the perfect blend for 10 to 1 compression, and it smell good to.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts