Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's Ray's GT 390 car?
I did a search again on BJ's site, and these are the only Cougars that come up. Sorry if I missed one. Shoot me a link and I'll add it to the original post. It does seem odd that there are no first generation or later year cars, but I tried a couple different search methods.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The prize Cougar this year, is that super nice 1970 XR7 convertible 428CJ 4 speed Cougar. One of just 17 made, and only 9 known to still exist today! Talk about rare. I'm hoping it will hit $150,000, but more realistic price is probably $125,000. Best of luck to all the sellers!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The prize Cougar this year, is that super nice 1970 XR7 convertible 428CJ 4 speed Cougar. One of just 17 made, and only 9 known to still exist today! Talk about rare. I'm hoping it will hit $150,000, but more realistic price is probably $125,000. Best of luck to all the sellers!
I'm hoping your right Scott, that it sell for $125,000+. My gut feeling is because it's a non ram air car, it will sell for around $85,000. I'm surprise the seller didn't add RA option after the fact & call it dealer installed. LOL

Chuck
1969 Eliminator 428CJ/RA/4SP/1 of 3 in White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5uqULUSTI

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea they look top notch all polished up like a diamond there!! lol
i hope they aren't on to much of a move.. i'm still looking for one!! hahaha

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
yea they look top notch all polished up like a diamond there!! lol
i hope they aren't on to much of a move.. i'm still looking for one!! hahaha
Just curious, where in NJ are you?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The 623 listing has been pulled from the BJ site. May have been bought by owner or contested or something.. Was just too early in the day on a thurs and didnt have the audience yet :/ too bad.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Well, I waited all day to watch the BJ auction on my DVR and the SPEED channel was showing a commercial and some stupid skit when Lot #953.2, the '70 XR-7 CJ/4spd sold. It sold for $104,500.00 (hammer price $95,000.00). Congrats to the seller and buyer. John

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well, I waited all day to watch the BJ auction on my DVR and the SPEED channel was showing a commercial and some stupid skit when Lot #953.2, the '70 XR-7 CJ/4spd sold. It sold for $104,500.00 (hammer price $95,000.00). Congrats to the seller and buyer. John
Hopefully we can still see it. Someone here must have done a camera phone video that they can put on youtube. Or maybe somehow we can get the Speed Channel clip of it even though it wasn't shown before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts