Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're Invited!

The 2012 Barrett Jackson Gathering of the Classic Cougar Community!

Barrett Jackson gathering of the Cougar faithful...

It's just around the corner! And you are all invited!

7th Annual 2012 Barrett / Jackson Cougar Reunion!!!

Brought to you by the Arizona Cougar Club, ClassicCougarCommunity.Com, and Bill & Debbie Basore.

It's time! Better mark your calendar for a little beer drinking and story telling! We will be starting at 3:00 again this year so bring your Cougar if you can!

We will have snacks and beverages, and you can come and go as you like. You don't need to worry about bringing anything, but feel free to bring your favorite beverage or snack if you like.

If you are coming, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

NOTE! Google and Map quest will both try to send you through streets that are closed! Use the following directions.

I live in Fountain Hills, about 14 miles / 20 minutes from the auction site.

From the auction:

Take Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. South to Shea,

At Shea, turn Left (East) and continue until you reach Saguaro Blvd (approximately 7 miles: are we there yet?).

At Saguaro, turn Right (South) and continue for 1 Mile to Red Mountain Trail (to your left only).

Turn left at Red Mountain Trail. Red Mountain Trail is a culdusac, and I live at the top left.

From the South Take Gilbert or Country Club north to Highway 87, Exit Left at Shea and take take a left at the first light, Saguaro. Follow Saguaro to Red Mountain Trail on the left.

From the West, take I10 / Loop 202 east to Country Club. At the exit turn left on to Country Club, which turns into Highway 87. Follow 87 North approximately 12 miles to Shea on your left. Exit Left at Shea and take take a left at the first light, Saguaro. Follow Saguaro to Red Mountain Trail on the left.

What: Barrett/Jackson Cougar Reunion at Bill Basore’s Home
When: Jan. 21st, 2012 – Saturday night
Time: 3pm to 10pm
Where: 16147 East Red Mountain Trail, Fountain Hills , Arizona , 85268
Phone: 480 656 6780

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I will be in Kuwait, sorry......I would love to be able to attend one of these events, surrounded by other cougars and owners!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with the next deployment!

It will take some one with more tech sophistication than I have to do it, but I wish we could do a web cam type of thing. Anybody up for this?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Should be able to do it with something like USTREAM.

Good luck with the next deployment!

It will take some one with more tech sophistication than I have to do it, but I wish we could do a web cam type of thing. Anybody up for this?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I am going to try to stop by. We are staying not far at FT McDowell. We will be leaving the BJ auction in late afternoon or early evening and passing right by. Would like to say howdy and see some Cats. I am going to attend the silver state auction Sat evening that is in the parking lot of where we are staying.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great! we will see you there. Last year we have about 100 people show before it was all over... Got to buy more beer this year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bill-My wife and I are going to try and make your get together.
We're 100 miles N.E. of L.A. so it would be pretty easy for us to come.
We have a '69 XR-7.
Sometimes we can't make plans until the last minute due to our work schedules, though
we're usually off during these winter months. And, we live in the mountains where snow can cause us to be housebound as coming and going we have really steep slopes with no barricades so only my wife's 4WD is our way out.
I'll try to call in the next day or so.
Thanks a million.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would be great to have you, but I wouldn't risk life or limb... LOL! Mostly I just need a ball park idea of the crowd so don't feel to obligated if the weather gets in the way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Bill
Happy New Year ! Saw this and thought I should give a heads up. I am looking forward to making it this year -with Chris ! Not sure what we will be driving but put me down for the Salsa ! Now that Sadie's (Albuquerque) is distributing in Phoenix - I have reserved the back seat for salsa ! (Bringing parts on the way out) haha

Mark Haas

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dang! I couldn't get vacation for B-J weekend this year. However, I did for the weekend after. Oh well, a week late and $165k short, LOL!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Milo, sorry to hear that but give me a call when you are in town.

Mark, glad you can make it. Looking forward to the salsa!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bill,
You know me, ill be there! Mark Haas from MI and Mark Maybe from MN will be out, we will be at the Pavilions all day Sat. Then head to your place, I want to say Mark MI is stopping in NM for his damn salsa he needs! So there will be a bunch of salsa coming with us! We will be in the 71 Cougar and the 72 Mustang, or taking a taxi to your place..?? You never know!
Chris AZ

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bill,
I would like to stop by. I just picked up my most recent Cougar, a clean 68 standard and am excited to hear about the Arizona Cougar community.
- Dwayne

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I look forward to seeing the regulars and meeting a bunch of new folks. Dwayne, I think you will really like the local club guys, they are a great bunch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bill,

I am going to take my kids on Satruday, this will be the first time for us. Is there any place to get tickets at a discount?

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The best deals are usually on Craigs list. They do have discounts on Children's tickets, but Saturday is also the most expensive day to go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Bill. Want to thank you for allowing my brothers and I to come early to your place last year. I had the CJ Cougar at the sale. I was watching the sale last night and going over the fun we had last year, meeting Brian the GTE, Don the ring leader, Kevin Marti, Dave the registrar, and all the other fine folks. The atmosphere there was really amazing, the weather wasn't half bad either. I did sell a really nice Mach 1 this summer at Mecum. Thought about waiting til Barrett-Jackson just for an excuse to go to the sale. The difference in money might have paid for the trip. I hope the guy with the CJ Cougar this year does well. Wish I had a do over for mine. The two Cougars last night sold well. Actually pretty good for first day. Thanks again and have fun this year. Steve

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Steve, we will miss seeing you this year and the weather is better than it has been in years... Maybe next year!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Made the auction today and made my first purchase. No car bought a michael irvine print called elininator round. Anyway looking forwardnto stopping by tomorrow. Oh and back home it is 16 and snowing. 70 and sunshine here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts