Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone who has been a part of hosting a Cougar Nationals can attest, it is a LOT of work.

This summer the Cougar Club of New Jersey/Pennsylvania has stepped up to the plate and the 2011 Cougar Nationals will be held in Bridgewater N.J. on July 15-17.

Along with time it takes money to host a Nationals and one of the best ways to off-set those costs is with a show t-shirt. The Delmarva Cougar Club and the CCNJ/PA have enjoyed a long standing relationship so when Stu and the gang asked me to volunteer a t-shirt design and Nationals logo I was happy to help.

Even if you can’t make the show you can contribute by ordering a shirt. These will be high quality screen printed on 100% cotton beefy tees.

The order for the t-shirts will be placed soon and we want to have enough printed up so if you can’t make it to N.J. this summer and you want a shirt be sure to let Stu (kilroynj) know by sending him a p.m. with your quantity, size and address. Stu will get back to you with pricing information.

Stu’s email is: [email protected]

More info on the 2011 Cougar Nats can be found at: http://www.ccnjpa.com/

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
e-mail sent to Stu!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Emailed for 2. Nice work Propayne, I'm guesing you did the art for your signature there too.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ken68cat.

Yes, the Cougs in my sig are from the t-shirt art that I did for the 2003 Nats which was also hosted by the N.J. Cougar club.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sent my e-mail to Stu also. I can't wait to get out there and see all the cats!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Propayne,

Nice work man! You've gotta admire a man who knows art, and you are drawing "the art that is at the heart" buddy!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much Bob.

I wish that I was wealthy enough that I could do only the graphics/illustration that I WANT to (like Cougars) and give it away to family and friends.

After doing a ton of medical/technical/editorial (you name it) illustrations it is sooo much fun to sit and draw the rear end of a '71 Cougar!

·
Registered
384 Posts
There are 11 of us at WCCC and we all want one! I am checking into to airline tickets now BTW.
Send me an e-mail with the sizes and we will fill the order. Hope to change your mind about sponsoring a class. It would be fun to have you hand out the award Don!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thank you all for your orders and any new ones to come. The shirt will be seen "down under"!!!!!! We received an order from Australia! How cool is that!

Phillip's art work will also be on the awards given out at the show. The CCNJPA is very greatful to have Phillip help us out on this.

Thanks again all and hope to see you in July but understand if you cant make it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A black and white version of the artwork was needed for the plaques and trophies and for any print where color is not available (see attached).

The 2011 Nationals t-shirts will be printed up by this summer's All-Ford Show at Carlisle and I will be bringing them to deliver to Stu then. So, they'll be available for purchase at our tent on the show field.

Boy, can't wait for summer to get here!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Only 1833 miles away... I'll have to think a little about it before deciding to drive to this one. Curious, how many from your area made it to the 2007 nats? I'll need a shirt for sure though.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thank you very much Bob.

I wish that I was wealthy enough that I could do only the graphics/illustration that I WANT to (like Cougars) and give it away to family and friends.

After doing a ton of medical/technical/editorial (you name it) illustrations it is sooo much fun to sit and draw the rear end of a '71 Cougar!
I hate to be picky but the XR7 plate should be on the passenger side of the car,

cougartrunk1.jpg

Great artwork though - from a person that cann't draw stickmen - I admire your ability.

·
Registered
928 Posts
No - 71 - 3 are the same - Those plates fell off easily and were often in the wrong place within a few years - especially if the car had been repainted.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The ebay car is wrong,

PM me your email I can send a scan from the 71 Mercury product data book, The XR7 page shows the script on the passenger side.

Mitch

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oops, sorry, didn't see that c7xr7 had posted the very same photo that I had seen.

Artwork has been revised. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention Mitch. If the shirts had been printed with that emblem on the wrong side it would have driven me crazy!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts