Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
Just want to remind you about the 2011 Cougar National and let you know who will be there. We are lucky enough to have John Aiken who is now retired after 39 years with Ford Motor Company. He was the chief designer for the 1967 Cougar, and other noteworthy Ford car designs of the 60's. So if you want to meet and hear from the man that started it all see you at the show.

Stu
www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/tccn3/history/design/design2/design2.html

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
That is really cool! Good work, Stu.

For the last 5 years, I lived 30 miles from Bridgewater. I wish I had known about this show.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is really cool! Good work, Stu.

For the last 5 years, I lived 30 miles from Bridgewater. I wish I had known about this show.
Thanks for the kind words but it was not my doing. It is not to late to sign up for the show and Awards diner. In fact we are doing well on preregistration but we can always do better. If you have organized one of these shows or a big get together you know head count is everything. The early you can let us know the better.

So go to CCNJPA.com for the details or contact me if you have any questions

Stu

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't live in Princeton anymore. I'm back home in California finishing my dissertation. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it back out to NJ for the show one of these years.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...It is not to late to sign up for the show and Awards diner...
Lest anyone worry that we're going to be eating at a "diner" (for $50 a head), what Stu meant to say was dinner, the awards banquet at the Marriott.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi again,
Just want to remind you about the 2011 Cougar National and let you know who will be there. We are lucky enough to have John Aiken who is now retired after 39 years with Ford Motor Company. He was the chief designer for the 1967 Cougar, and other noteworthy Ford car designs of the 60's. So if you want to meet and hear from the man that started it all see you at the show.

Stu
www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/tccn3/history/design/design2/design2.html
Very cool stuff, Stu! Hey, I need to give you a shout on the clock! We talked the day our son was born and I never got back to you- that was 9 Sept 2010! He's kept us busy, but he will be in Bridgewater in July! Call you this week...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lest anyone worry that we're going to be eating at a "diner" (for $50 a head), what Stu meant to say was dinner, the awards banquet at the Marriott.
So Bob you mean I have been having dinner and the diner when I thought I was eating diner in the dinner? The bill at the diner (I got that right? right) is a killer

You can thank the CCNJPA for the $50 a head. They are paying $8 of the $58 the catering hall is charging

FYI you will know me at the show by looking for the guy wearing the T-shirt that says "I am with STUpid" and the arrow will be pointing up

Hope to see you at the show, meet John and enjoy dinner

Stu

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool stuff, Stu! Hey, I need to give you a shout on the clock! We talked the day our son was born and I never got back to you- that was 9 Sept 2010! He's kept us busy, but he will be in Bridgewater in July! Call you this week...
Yes it has been awhile and enjoy the new one while you can. All to soon he will be working on his Cougar so he can go to the track and get into the 100MPH club.
Talk to you soon and see you at the show.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi again,
Just want to remind you about the 2011 Cougar National and let you know who will be there. We are lucky enough to have John Aiken, .., the chief designer for the 1967 Cougar, ....
Sounds like another riveting epsiode from WCCC-TV for us on the west coast. If he speaks, someone please post it online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts