Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barrett-Jackson Cougar fantasy bids

Cougar consignees Brian Aust and Steve Meyer, along with West Coast Classic Cougar are sponsoring a fantasy bid contest for all 5 Mercury Cougars at the 2011 Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson Auction.

Winning bids will each receive West Coast Classic Cougar gift certificates.

<table id="pf_sortableTable1" class="sorttable" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr></tr></tbody><thead><tr> <th class="" axis="number">Lot #</th> <th axis="number">Year</th> <th axis="string">Make</th> <th class="" axis="string">Model</th> <th class="" axis="string">Style</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class=""> <td class="linkcell" align="center">
</td> <td class="linkcell" align="center"> 69 1969 MERCURY COUGAR CONVERTIBLE
</td> <td align="center"> 1969 </td> <td> MERCURY </td> <td> COUGAR </td> <td> CONVERTIBLE </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="linkcell" align="center">
</td> <td class="linkcell" align="center"> 373.1 1973 MERCURY COUGAR XR7 CONVERTIBLE
</td> <td align="center"> 1973 </td> <td> MERCURY </td> <td> COUGAR XR7 </td> <td> CONVERTIBLE </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="linkcell" align="center">
</td> <td class="linkcell" align="center"> 969.1 1969 MERCURY COUGAR XR7 CONVERTIBLE
</td> <td align="center"> 1969 </td> <td> MERCURY </td> <td> COUGAR XR7 </td> <td> CONVERTIBLE </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="linkcell" align="center">
</td> <td class="linkcell" align="center"> 1247 1968 MERCURY COUGAR GT-E 427 2 DOOR COUPE
</td> <td align="center"> 1968 </td> <td> MERCURY </td> <td> COUGAR GT-E 427 </td> <td> 2 DOOR COUPE </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="linkcell" align="center">
</td> <td class="linkcell" align="center"> 1274.1 1969 MERCURY COUGAR CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE
</td> <td align="center"> 1969 </td> <td> MERCURY </td> <td> COUGAR </td> <td> CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE </td></tr></tbody></table>
Steve Meyer's 1969 428CJ convertible Lot #969.1 Friday auction - winner gets $100 gift certificate.

Brian Aust's 1968 GT-E Lot #1247 Saturday auction - winner gets $100 gift certificate.

1969 Standard convertible Lot #69 Tuesday auction - winner gets $20 gift certificate.

1973 Cougar convertible Lot #373.1 Wednesday auction - winner gets $20 gift certificate.

1969 Custom Cougar convertible Lot #1274.1 Saturday auction - winner gets $20 gift certificate.

One bid per person, per car. The official price is the hammer price, without added commission values.
In the event of a tie, the winner is the person not going over the high bid.

Please place bids for each of the 5 cars. Clearly identify each car with each bid.

Gift certificates can only be used for online catalog purchases only.

Bidding closes at 6:00am PST the day of each auction.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
DO we place our bids here? Sounds like this will be fun.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Please PM or eMail me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
So the point is to guess the final sale price at auction? If so, why wouldn't people just box in other's guesses? Might want to have it be a silent fantasy auction via pm. Sounds like fun though, cool idea.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
373.1 - '73 Vert $XXXXXX

BTW, the interior of that car is not correct. No white seats/trim panels with Ginger dash, console, carpet. White interior cars have BLACK dash, console, carpet. Either that, or a previous owner got white parts to replace the cracked Ginger upholstery/door panels. Need door tag info to see which is which...

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I agree that a 'sealed bid' auction would be better to avoid the $XXXXX+1 - type sniping bids. My guestimate is being PM'd

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I agree that a 'sealed bid' auction would be better to avoid the $XXXXX+1 - type sniping bids. My guestimate is being PM'd
Very good point..and the Price-is-Right 1$ bids ;)

This could get to be a clusterscrew..but it'll be fun!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
This sounds like fun! I don't need the gift certificate because unfortunately I don't have my 70 anymore, but it will be fun to play anyway. I'm on lunch. Will think of estimates after work tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This sounds like fun! I don't need the gift certificate because unfortunately I don't have my 70 anymore, but it will be fun to play anyway. I'm on lunch. Will think of estimates after work tonight.
We have T-Shirts and key chains, or you could give it to a needy Cougar owner. Set up a Cougar parts scholarship for a youngster.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Milo, do you care to bid on more than one cat?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep those guesstimates coming. I have 5 so far. PM me.

How does the group want to handle tie bids? None yet, so far though.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The date and time submitted will break the tie, if such occurs.

Dale in Indy
I mean on the guesses. Tell them to guess again, that number is taken?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I kind of agree with Dale - the first person in should get priority on the amount. If you have them guess again, would anyone come back with a number too far off from the originally submitted guess - I think not... I say, if you get two bids of the same amount, bump the secondary people in $500 increments until they land in an open amount...

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I'm curious as to why the values of the prizes differ between the 5 contestants. I'm only watching to see that 69 Custom Vert and Brian's GTE go across. But I'd take a stab at the other three as well.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm curious as to why the values of the prizes differ between the 5 contestants. I'm only watching to see that 69 Custom Vert and Brian's GTE go across. But I'd take a stab at the other three as well.
Brian and Steve are co-sponsoring the prizes with WCCC, their cars are weighted higher for that reason. Don decided to 'bid'em all!'

1 - 20 of 145 Posts