Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barrett Jackson gathering of the Cougar faithful...

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1">It's just around the corner! And you are all invited!

5th Annual 2011 Barrett / Jackson Cougar Reunion!!!

Brought to you by the Arizona Cougar Club and Bill and Debbie Basore.

It's time! Better mark your calendar for a little beer drinking and story telling! We will be starting at 3:00 again this year so bring your Cougar if you can! I have been told that they made Cougars after 1968, so bring out those "late model" Cougars and prove that they really exist.

We will have snacks and beverages, and you can come and go as you like. You don't need to worry about bringing anything, but feel free to bring your favorite beverage or snack if you like.

If you are coming, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

NOTE! Google and Map quest will both try to send you through streets that are closed! Use the following directions.

I live in Fountain Hills, about 14 miles / 20 minutes from the auction site.

From the auction:

Take Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. South to Shea,

At Shea, turn Left (East) and continue until you reach Saguaro Blvd (approximately 7 miles: are we there yet?).

At Saguaro, turn Right (South) and continue for 1 Mile to Red Mountain Trail (to your left only).

Turn left at Red Mountain Trail. Red Mountain Trail is a culdusac, and I live at the top left.

From the South Take Gilbert or Country Club north to Highway 87, Exit Left at Shea and take take a left at the first light, Saguaro. Follow Saguaro to Red Mountain Trail on the left.

From the West, take I10 / Loop 202 east to Country Club. At the exit turn left on to Country Club, which turns into Highway 87. Follow 87 North approximately 12 miles to Shea on your left. Exit Left at Shea and take take a left at the first light, Saguaro. Follow Saguaro to Red Mountain Trail on the left.

What: Barrett/Jackson Cougar Reunion at Bill Basore’s Home
When: Jan. 22nd, 2011 – Saturday night
Time: 3pm to 10pm
Where: 16147 East Red Mountain Trail, Fountain Hills , Arizona , 85268
Phone: 480 656 6780 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 480 656 6780

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone has missed hearing, Brian Aust will be bringing his pristine, concours restored GT-E to the auction. It should cross the block some time Saturday afternoon so we are expecting to celebrate a very successful sale!

This just might be the year of the cat!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bill, The 21st is Friday. Sorry, to say my car sells on Friday and i am flying out Sat. pm. Seriously thinking of getting tickets changed if your party is Sat. Would love to put a face to the names on here. Steve

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What are the options for tickets to the auction? I have heard the seats near the auction block are for registered sellers only, is this correct?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Hi Bill,

I'll be down for the auction and would love to stop by. I'll be with my friend Lonnie in his 1973 Cougar Convertible. Lonnie recently relocated from Seattle to Arizona. I think you met him at the Desert Prowl this year. Anyway, I'm looking forward to both the auction and your party.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Bill,

I will be there, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the options for tickets to the auction? I have heard the seats near the auction block are for registered sellers only, is this correct?
They do charge for general admission, Check the BJ web site for details. The floor seats are reserved for bidders. If you are going to go for several days and you can qualify, the bidder tickets have a bunch of perks, like free drinks...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bill -- I am very envious of all those who will be able to be at BJ as well as your whingding. First, I'd sure like to be present when Brian's GT-E is sold. Next, I'd sure like to see all you AZ CC folks again, not to mention the other Cougar-o-philes who drift in from parts unknown. Unfortunately this is not the year I'll make it. As I think you know, Elaine and I will be enroute to Pomona, where we will be putting her newly finished '34 Ford street rod into the Grand National Roadster Show. But we will be following the BJ results and on the night of the whingding we will be thinking of all of the folks enjoying your hospitality.
Best regards to all,
Jim

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bill,

I have my reservations and will be spending the week visiting Chris and his wife Dawn. Looking forward to year 3 !!!! Thanks for organizing and hosting your event!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I believe that it is true that the seats in the center of the floor are reserved for bidders but don't let that discourage you. Even if you're not bidding you can walk up within a couple feet of the cars on the ramps as they enter and exit the stage. There is also bleacher seating in the auction tent that provides a good view of the cars on the block. That's just inside the main building. All of the cars, both before and after their auction, are parked in tents outside, or parked in the main building where you can see them up close. You can also walk up right next to them while they're being driven in and out of the auction tent. Even if they took away all the cars at BJ you could still spend a day looking at all the other displays. It's very hard to describe.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Bill,

I'll be there either drowning my sorrows or partying like a Rock Star :) Also with me will be Mike K, Brian D, My wife Cindy and our Two kids (18 and 16) and at least a couple of their pets (not sure which, probably a hampster and a ferret)

Can't wait!! Looking forward to seeing everybody

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If anyone needs a room nearby, I have an extra reserved at the Holiday Inn Fountain Hills. It's staggering distance from Debbie -n- Bill's shack.

My prediction......Mmmmeat's gunna be partyin' like a rock star.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am in...just got my tix and car. I will be there to see the car go thru and others and then will party like a rock star with Brian and others. As far as things go Bill plan on me +1 in case my dad comes along.

Chris

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I would have really liked to have done the meet up. But we are heading back Saturday morning. But perhaps Thursday or Friday I might run into someone there!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure I am welcome after asking Bill (host) "where do you live ?" last year !! My guess is I will be driving a Chris Long car this year.

Happy Holidays to all - TIL JAN>

Mark Haas

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Not sure I am welcome after asking Bill (host) "where do you live ?" last year !!
Mark Haas
Honest mistake, Bill doesn't have an Arizona accent. LOL

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That Okie stain runs pretty deep... Of course you are welcome! The funny part is that I thought you were asking which part of the garage I sleep in. If you ask my wife she will tell you I do live in the garage.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts