Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am new to the forum because a friend of mine has an issue. My Mechanic has a 2002 cougar obviously, that he has separated the engine and tranny and has misplaced the pilot bearing / bushing that goes in the rear of the crank shaft. A few others and I have been trying to locate one for him and have been unsuccessful. I don't have all the details of the car to specifically tell you the model or engine size right at this moment. I will be at the shop tomorrow and will have all the details if there is anyone here that can help. We are looking to locate the part and have it shipped to New Brunswick Canada. Is there anyone here that can help with our dilemma ? If so PLEASE let me know either by way of the forum here or by email at [email protected] as we are unable to put the car back together without one. Just let me know what details you might need and I will reply as soon as I have the info, any help would be immensely appreciated. He doesn't want to have to buy the car from the client because he cant find this simple little part.
Thank You,
Bill Underhill

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
dealership!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Wish it was that easy the dealership is telling us its obsolete I need the bushing.
even though it may be obsolete, they can run it to see who , if anyone has it. if nothing else get the part number and see if a real parts store, like napa, lee , carquest , can cross refrence it. keep in mind contour/mystique were a same drivetrain car as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts