Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to lift the rear end a little maybe 2 or 3 incs. What would be the best way to do this? I've seen a few different kind of lift kits. One that attactes to the end of the leaf spring and the outhers under the rear axle.
Second I have a bad ground somewhere. When I step on the brake my lights go dim. I have run the car at about 2000 rpms to see if the problum presists and it does. Has anyone had this problum before and where did you find the short. I have a 67 std. Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Q #1 Dont use those rear shackle lift kits, they are dangerous. If you have old sagging springs, they will wreck the springs in no time. The best way to add height is to add an extra leaf and get them re-arched and extra inch, that will lift it up about 2 1/2 inches over stock. Then use will need longer shocks or shock extensions, no big deal there.

Q#2 A bad ground could be anywhere. Motor ground, light sockets, any ground connection, or could be faulty regulator, or alternator not giving enough juice anymore.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts