Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 XR7 convertible and the power windows just quit. I've had the car since November and have not had any issues (other than the rear ones are slower than the front). I let the driver and passenger windows down yesterday and when I went to let them up, none would work. Have checked fuses and all are OK. I called WCCC and asked about the power window relay that is under the hood and was told they don't have one, if that is the problem.

Does any one have any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Get a test light and see if you have power coming out of the relay going to the main swith. If not, the relay is gone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DrCougar,

Thanks for your reply. I will check that tomorrow. If the relay is bad do you or anyone else have a suggestion for a substitute?

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
My 69 has a substitute part that is similar in size that has a Sorensen TR60 stamp on it. I would guess it has been on there for a decade or more as that is how long it has been parked. This picture is about ten years old, you can barely see it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don, thanks again for your help on this. I have ordered one from a source that says he has a correct replacement. I sure hope it is, it was more that both of the relays you found on ebay. I'll post the outcome.

Again - thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
267 Posts
Q: You havent accidentally pushed the "powerwindowlock" button?

/Tommy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts