Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search this but. Does anybody know the history about the first cougar sold as well as the last cougar made. Not even sure what the last year was for cougar but thought it would be cool to have that one sitting around.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I thought that most first cars were not originally sold. Usually a top person, or lucky person in the company got it free or very cheap with his/her sweetheart contract. Later that individual might sell the car and after that, who knows, maybe someone named Jim will buy it.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
02 was the last cougar, as far as i am concerned, 1997 was the last real cougar

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I agree with 1997 as being the last.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
71-73 are still Cougars....just a little different.. :)
...not my preference, of course, but still fine machines.

·
11,000 Posts
Wait a second - you guys are saying they made Cougars after 1968 :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Its as if in 1967 you met the most beautiful girl in the world. You were completely blinded by her beauty. In 1968 still beautiful you married her and were truly in love. Then in 1969, she was still beautiful but started to put on a few extra pounds but you didn't mind that too much because the ride had become softer. Then came 1970 and she was starting to show her age a little, a little thick in the middle and you swear you don't recall her nose being that big when you fell in love. Then in 71-73 you start wondering what the heck happened to that beautiful bride, her bumpers got a bit too large, an she had too much junk in her trunk. She also got a lot heavier, I mean she still looked OK with her top down but she was deteriorating fast into something more like your grandma. Sometime right after '73 you just lost interest in the old boat anchor and got a divorce.

What i'm saying after trying for 3 years and then for 1 year thy got it right in 71 throu 73

Reactions: Jan Ove

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Its as if in 1967 you met the most beautiful girl in the world. You were completely blinded by her beauty. In 1968 still beautiful you married her and were truly in love. Then in 1969, she was still beautiful but started to put on a few extra pounds but you didn't mind that too much because the ride had become softer. Then came 1970 and she was starting to show her age a little, a little thick in the middle and you swear you don't recall her nose being that big when you fell in love. Then in 71-73 you start wondering what the heck happened to that beautiful bride, her bumpers got a bit too large, an she had too much junk in her trunk. She also got a lot heavier, I mean she still looked OK with her top down but she was deteriorating fast into something more like your grandma. Sometime right after '73 you just lost interest in the old boat anchor and got a divorce.
One of these days, I will meet You, and buy You a beer :beer:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts