Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I used the CCoA VIN and data plate decoder today on my '67 Std Hdtp. Everything came back as expected except the exterior color, I didn't get any result :). My code is a '1M'. On the mailing list it was suggested that it may be an IM, which would indicate a two-tone car with a white top. I double checked the code, it is definitely a '1M', not a 'IM'. Any other ideas???

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well, M is typically wimbledon white and the 1 would mean something else, i suppose that it would be a two tone color and ill check my classic car Color chip CD right now to be sure of what it is...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
couldnt find a color code 1 there. the only one i wsaw was the colro code I which was the lime frost. but you said that its a 1 so . umm.... im lost now. maybe a special order car then?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car was stripped down to bare metal, and all evidence (and it is pretty clear) points to the car having been originally green (lime frost, I believe). 'M' is evidently for polar white...and it is pretty clear that it never has been (though, if it was two tone it may have originally had a white roof, which was later covered by a vinyl top).

I guess I'll have to get around to getting a 'marti' report if I really want to know :).

Jason

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts