Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
We are new to the forum. We recently just purchased a 1978 Mercury Cougar XR7 and we need to get a new center console lid for it. I am looking for suggestions as to where we could find one. We were gonna try and have it redone but it seems like it wouldn't look to good. There is no way to make it look factory fresh. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance........

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would try to look for one on eBay, or from an NOS parts seller like Green Sales Company. Remember that the same part was also used on 1977-1979 Thunderbirds. You might have to settle for a good used one and have it dyed to match your interior color.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Try this at AutoKrafters...I know that it says "Mustang" but everytime I read someplace that it fits Cougar's and Mustangs...it make me wonder it really does fit both. The price is right if it DOES fit.

http://www.autokrafters.com/v4/go.gnf?session=c5ec0dbe6ed636973115e764eb575bd9&s=autokrafters&t=&product=28821&d=products

<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tdTextLabel colSpan=2>PADDED CENTER CONSOLE BLACK 79-86 MUSTANG</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Part Number: CC412PC
Price: $114.95 USD

</TD><TD class=mainContent vAlign=top align=right><INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=add-479821></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts