Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 of 2793 Cobra Jet 74 Cougars built and only 21 in this color. 100% rust free, original Maize Yellow paint, perfect black bucket interior, console, floor shift, tach and gauges, rim blow.... Never undercoated and still has factory primmer on the floor pans, paint dabs and tags on suspension parts.... New: tires, brakes, shocks, mufflers...... I'm also including $3,000 in Ford parts you can sell off.... I have a web page with all the pictures [top to bottom] and all the info and extra parts list... Here's the link: http://community.webtv.net/cobrajetracing/CJ
I ran the car at the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags this year in Michigan.....and I'm only selling this stock CJ Cougar so I can focus on my N/SA 74 Cobra Jet Cougar which you can see at http://www.CobraJetRacing.com I'm in Northern Michigan, e-mail [email protected] [thanx, EJ]

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've got a 73 vert Q code Cobra Jet (manual transmission). Are they worth this much too?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got Me? I don't know anything about the 73's.......I know the 74 CJ's are very rare. I've been into the 74-79 Cougars for 30 years and this is only the 7th one I've seen or heard about, and it's as close to new as you'll probably find..... Won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't sell, I'll just drag it out once a year and run the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags with it..... The car got just as much attention as any of the other rare cars there, even the hemi cars..... and what I find is, even among the Ford guys, not many people think Ford even made a 74 CJ....... I had a Ford expert at the drag strip one day that swore up and down there was no 74 CJ's, then he walked over and looked at the vin number, then he just walked away and still won't talk to me to this day.....any way, it's a nice turn key car for someone... Thanx, EJ

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Q-code 4-spd '73 XR-7 vert is one of only 64. Definitely worth restoring!!!! Heck, I'm still kicking myself for parting out a '72 Q-code automatic 'vert - one of 336! I didn't realize how rare that car was 30 yrs ago!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts