·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wow Scott! You're giving that car away!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Scott,
If you still have it in August, I'll be out there in PHX and Show Low...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I can't hold the car until August. The car is owned by my best friend, who I've known for 30 years. He doesn't have anywhere to store the car, so he ask me to store it at my house for a "few months". That was more than 1 year ago, so it is time for the beast to go. I honestly cannot believe there are basically no serious bids on the car. But the car must go, so I have convinced him to drastically cut the reserve and buy it now price. If the car doesn't sell, there is a real chance that the car will be parted out. Or at least we will start to pull out all valuable parts like the tilt, console, power seat, etc. The parts are just too valuable not to. I'm sure that Don could make a killing on this car, if he had it shipped to Oregon and dismantled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Scott,

I left you a voice message a little over 4 hours ago. Based on your update "I honestly cannot believe there are basically no serious bids on the car", I can only conclude that you did not get my message. Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm very interested, but I have several questions. Please check your PM. John

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Holy cow, what a neat old Cat. Power seat and windows, tilt, leather...
Very nice ride, man.

Best of luck on the sale. This is a really neat car that I hope someone saves and doesn't dismantle.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was traveling for work to Oregon for the last 2 days, so I haven't had a chance to check email or voice mails yet, so sorry for the delay in responding. The good news is I got to see Don and company for lunch yesterday, and Don bought lunch. Thanks Don!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taking final offers on the car now....$2500 gets you everything - drive it home (valid this week only). Starting next week, we will have a lot of parts to sell, with parts priced as follows: Console (black - nice) - $200, Power windows -everything inlcuding all wiring/switches - everything works -$400, Sunroof (full roof cut - pick up only-will not ship) - $350, Power seat track with NOS motor, wiring, re-chromed bezel $400, Rear seat - original white leather - $150 (can ship greyhound bus). 1970 351C-4V engine runs good - $1000, Wire hub caps - $100 for the set of 4 - very nice ones! Disc brakes, everything including the booster, lines, etc. $400, 9 inch rear end - local pick up only - $250. Tilt column - $350, D3WY radiator (newly re-cored) - $200. The new C6 trans, new tires, RH mirror, and front bucket seat in white leather have been sold/spoken for. I do have 1971-73 rust free doors, fenders, hoods and decklids available (off this car - or other cars) priced very reasonably. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Nooooooo....! Please don't scrap it! Maybe if I offer a $100 gift certificate from WCCC that will entice someone to pull the $2500 trigger? Have you listed it on CL yet? Way to solid to scrap...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Take the car apart and sell the parts?! This after the older original owner wanted it to go to a Cougar enthusiast. Sorry, doesn't sit right with me.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump - still for sale....$2300 and you get can get a $100 gift certificate from Don! This is a running/driving car, so it can be shipped on a transport for probably less than $1000. Call the owner - Blake Fensler - 623-247-7420.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
let me send this to my brother, he has to many cars right now and is loking to consolidate down to one nice project and get rid of his ranger and his suburban so if your friend might be interested in a trade let me know. I'll see if my bro would like this one, he tried to buy one from a friends parents when he was a teenager but they backed out of the deal and he has never forgotten that car and this one has much better options

1 - 13 of 13 Posts