Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is an old lady who owns a '73 XR-7 around the corner from me, and I am thinking of asking her how much she wants for it (or if she is ever gonna sell it, to give me a call). I don't know too much about the '73 model year and would like to know more about it before I approach this woman. If anyone can help...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
25000 SA Rand, does that help at all?:D :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You can check out the history and options for the 73s at TCCN - http://www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com - and NADA still lists the 73 models on their webste.

BTW - I am probably showing my age here, but what does "All your base are belong to me" mean? :confused:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks for asking that question, I was also wondering what it meant, what was the correct translations supposed to mean?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd offer her $100 and tell her you'll run all her errands for her. Seriously, it all depends on condition. Nada can be helpful or just check Ebay or Trader online to see what comparable cars are going for.

·
Registered
889 Posts
meaning

probly the same as "one bad minnie figgie" if you jut take the "B"of the BASES it sound about right

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
talked to her today... I got the ballz. She is a really nice woman, and is the origional owner, got it in late '72 and she gave me the entire history of the car. She is old, but she is very lively, and is really in love with the car. She said that there are several people who asked to be called when she goes to sell it, but she said I knew my **** about cougars and she wants it to go to a person who deserves it. :D
Gave her my name and phone number... who knows what the future may hold.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Ballz are a good thing!

MDJ,

Good for you! You might just luck out!

I'm a mail carrier, and as such I see a lot of cars out there in people's driveways.

I had a couple moveup from the South, and they had a 'Q'-code 73 XR7 that didn't look too bad. I saw the guy and told him "If you ever think about selling, give me a call." and gave him a card with my number. He did, a year later. That car is now my BetaCat for just $150!

On this same mail route, I picked up a 72 XR7 convert, also a 'Q'-code for $600. I wish I had the knowlege to fix the structual rust that I do now. I parted it out.

A few years later, on another mail route, I found my 66 Comet Caliente. It only has 34,000 original miles! I bought that one from a little old lady. Her mother had bought the car new back in 66! It still has the 6.45-14 bias ply skinny tires on it, albeit dryrotted a bit! For those who don't catch the significance of that statement, that was the tire size terminology before the C-78-14 and before our current metric sizing of P185/75/14. The tires on this car are from the 60s!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts