Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 73 Standard Cougar with black seat belts. I am looking for two like new buckles as my wife destroyed the passenger side buckle one day. I was going to go get them from the Paddock here in Indiana but found out they closed their doors!!!. Anyways. It is super low miles so looking for something comparable to what was in it. If you have something laying around please e-mail me a pic of them and I will go from there.
Thanks
-Rob-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not being hard on her at all. I know it was a bad design. It was cracked pretty bad before she finished it off ;) LOL. She just hit the right spot to send it on to seat belt heaven.
-Rob-

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have 2 different styles here. Perhaps one of them is what you are looking for.

The first one is black plastic. The female part of the buckle measures about 1 7/8" square. The release button is round with a design that radiates from the center. I have very good one and one missing the sticker that goes on the release button.

The second style feels more like metal. It is black. The female part of the buckle measures about 1 7/8" wide by 2" deep. The release button is square and has a crossed leaf design. I have a couple of these.

Does either one sound like what you need? If so just let me know. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The second one sounds close but I have seen those on e-bay. I know the buttons are wrong. The ones I need have the starburst on the button like the round one you have. The leaf design is wrong. Thanks for replying though. I greatly appreciate it.
-Rob-

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It would be helpful if you could post a photo of the style you have. I could have something else in the pile.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 6 of 6 Posts