Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! I have a 1972 Mercury Cougar that I am looking to sell and figured I would list it here before shipping it off to Ebay. This is an all original California Blue Plate car that has had only 1 owner until I bought it and brought it back east from Cali.

Car is a Medium Metallic Brown standard 2 door hardtop with the Ginger Decor Interior. It is an H-code 351C-2v with an FMX automatic transmission. It has PS,PDB,AT,AC,Tilt,Console, etc.

Car runs and drives good but has been sitting a number of years. It is gonna have some bugs to attend to due to its inactivity to be sure. It has a little rust at the very bottom of the passenger 1/4 I assume from a clogged drain as the car is ROCK SOLID everywhere else. Had a light bump on the left rear bumper very minor but worth mentioning. Vinyl top is gone, it came off on the ride home atop the transporter. AC is intact and still sealed but belt is off due to a bad AC clutch.

Sold New at Pascal Dilday L-M in San Diego, Ca and lived there its entire life until I hauled it out of there a few years ago. I bought it initially as a parts car for a 429 Cougar restoration and when I got it here found it to be too clean to use as a parts car.

The Magnum 500's pictured are off another car and do not go with this car in its sale. I have steel wheels and hub caps which I will have reinstalled prior to sale.

Rather than letting it sit any longer it is time to sell to someone who can devote the time to clean it up and just make it a driver with patina or restore the car to it's former glory.

I am looking for $2500 for the car and have lots of pics available to interested parties. Send me a pm or you can email me at a69gt500 at AOL dot COM

Thanks, 69Shelby

1 - 1 of 1 Posts