Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking all over the Net for information regarding aftermarket hood scoops for 1971-1973 Cougars. OEM versions are WAY too pricey. Anyone have suggestions to which one i should purchase? I'd like it to follow the hood lines and fit nicely.

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Thanks so much!

John

·
Registered
1973 mercury cougar xr7 convertible
11 Posts
Gonna sound dumb but there is an OEM hoodscoop for a 73 cougar? Never seen one online and I have an XR7 convertible.

I had thought about grafting a 69 eliminator era hoodscoop onto my XR7 but have decided on something a little wilder then that. Money, time and body work skills permitting...

Mr. Kate
Owner of Bare Foot Garage
YT: BareFootGarage

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been looking all over the Net for information regarding aftermarket hood scoops for 1971-1973 Cougars. OEM versions are WAY too pricey. Anyone have suggestions to which one i should purchase? I'd like it to follow the hood lines and fit nicely.

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Thanks so much!

John
Are looking for aftermarket or original ? I have a couple of originals and also have 69-70 ones also. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna sound dumb but there is an OEM hoodscoop for a 73 cougar? Never seen one online and I have an XR7 convertible.

I had thought about grafting a 69 eliminator era hoodscoop onto my XR7 but have decided on something a little wilder then that. Money, time and body work skills permitting...

Mr. Kate
Owner of Bare Foot Garage
YT: BareFootGarage
Hi Mr. Kate,

I found a link that used rmto sell OEM hood scoops for the 1971-1973 cougars but even when they had them in stock they were over $700.00. Crazy! Here's the link; Hood Scoop - 429 / GT Ram Air - Used ~ 1971 - 1972 Mercury Cougar

I'm still learning as I've only had my car a few months. Hope this helps.

Thank you,

John

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can help you with an original better than that.
Thank you Mark. I did settle for a nice replica from West Coast Cougar. It is an exact fit just like OEM. I paid just a little over $200 for it. You actually helped me find it with your previous messages Regarding where to look. Thank you! John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got lucky and found an original one on ebay a couple of years ago for a couple hundred. The corner was damaged in shipping so I made them give me partial refund a fixed it with fiber glass. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts