Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need Switches and Harness, Center dash, for lights & Accy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1970 xr7. in the middle of the dash, there is a bank of four switches. i think i can get brand new switches. i really need the wiring / connectors and a schematic so i can put it back like it was when it was new. the wiring was modified there to power an electric radiator fan, fog lights and who knows what else. cb radio or 8-track. but i got a sweet deal on it and it needs only minor work, being an arizona car helps.
The situation is handled, got a good deal from of the members here.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
GOOD LUCK AND BAD LUCK

I was at the Cougar nationals in Atlanta and had a 70 dash pad, complete with xr7 right panel and clock in it with the origonal clock wiring harness and the center toggle switches as well and on the back was the original wiring harness for the switches still attached. I let it all go as one piece for $40.00. Man am i a super guy. Just trying to help the Cougar community as best as I can. I sold my original 69 eliminator rear wing as well as some other eliminator parts.
The good news is that I think I have another 70 toggle switch wiring harness for you if you still need one. E-mail me at
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the switches and schemies. VANTASTIC.
now the wiring is starting to make sense, i see what the PO has done now. i still dont know how the mailman got the box under my garage door.
I am uncertain though about the ACCY switch. the schem shows conv top sw. but nothing for accy sw.
the harness that goes to that switch I have, just dont know where it goes to or what goes to it. It must go somwhere, the ign switch doesnt rotate back to the std accy pos.

Thanks a bunch for the switches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts