Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1970 XR7 Aluminum wheel moldings and rocker moldings with all the clips.

Selling all 4 wheel arch moldings and both rocker moldings from my 1970 XR7. Everything is in excellent shape. They need to be polished.

I have no idea what they are worth so I'll take the best offer.

Thanks,

Joe
704-719-7782

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
They're aluminum Joe and worth quite a bit if they truly are in excellent shape.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
If they need to be polished, I wouldn't say they are in excellent shape. Polishing anodized aluminum is quite a process that most people don't attempt, particularly on the pieces you are selling.

N0S wheel lip moldings can be found for between $700 & $900 for the set. NOS rocker moldings are difficult to come by and would probably command $750 or more for the pair. Recent reproductions of the rocker moldings are going for around $600.

Good condition used wheel lip moldings would be worth considerably less than half the NOS price. As for rocker moldings, I don't know of anyone buying used pieces in need of polishing since the gorgeous reproductions are now available. However, if someone wanted to buy them and they had no bends, dents, deep scratches or additional holes, I'd guess they would be worth less than $100 for the pair.

Prices are very subjective so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts