2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a insert for the Console. 1970 XR7

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Are you looking for the woodgrain applique or the entire top/center section? With or without the deluxe seatbelt holders?
If you just need the woodgrain, I got mine from John's Classic Cougars.
http://www.johnsclassiccougars.com/

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its missing the whole insert, i'll take a pic of it when i get home,

Thanks

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a pic i took when i first got the car

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Richard,
I just had my 70 console restored, The crome plastic frame can be gotten brand new but, The correct wood grain will need to be gotten from John's Classic Cougars. I think Autocrafters has the part with the wrong for an XR7 wood grain. Neal.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who sell them? could not find one from any of the vendors in the links area.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Bowl,

Did you get my PM with the link to one on eBay? I have never seen one from a vendor - only used dealers or on eBay.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I saw that item yesterday. Its got two more days and looks like the price is gonna be high by then.
I try to stay away from the gator pit (ebay) if I can. I have heard that there are new ones, repros or NOS I dont know.

http://store.cal-mustang.com/cm_able/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=1016459&St=2103&St2=45262096&St3=51255320&DS_ID=4&Product_ID=5294&DID=7&CATID=19&CM_SA=0

California Mustang has them, I think I would rather have a good used one with the correct wood for XR7. That one on ebay would be just right. I am in no hurry and still looking, still have a few more rocks to turn over.

Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Keep in mind that if you buy one and need the correct woodgrain insert for it, I paid $35 for the applique from John B. The prive on th eebay on elooks pretty good considering that it is correct.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a place close to me that has some used ones for ten bucks, I am gonna check em out his weekend, or tonight if it wears on me enough.
I had no idea that the applique was that high$$

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just noticed that you are in New Hampshire.
My wife is from there, the rest of her family still is there. My maw-in-law is coming down here in 3 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks. I'll be hiding out in the garage the whole time, they talk toooooooooo muuuuuuuuch.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yep, stuck up here in rust and snow land. Met my 1st wife in Tx - she was a NH girl. Came up here 'cuz she got homesick. After the dust settled from that one I was biding my time (saving money, looking for job down there) to go back but met a local girl and now I'm married again and been up here almost 18 years. Always planned on retiring in West Texas, new wife wants to move there NOW. Once I get the 69 back together and the house empties out we'll start looking around for houses down there. I live in SE NH and it's really not that bad - except during Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar... It is VERY humid during the summer though. Being from Houston you're used othat right? :) Where abouts is your wife from?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is from the Lowell or Nashua area. It is nice country there, from what ive seen in the pictures.
I like the desert myself, no rain, dry and hot.

I have a 70 std that i am using for parts, let me know if there are any parts you need.

rich

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I am just north and east of Nashua. Between Manchester and Exeter (towards the seacoast). It is pretty up here with all the trees and such, but the pretty wore off after a couple of cold winters out shovelling, plowing and generally freezing my cajones off, followed by wet, humid summers.
I'm with you - hot dry desert - wide open spaces. You don't have to shovel sunshine, and I'll take the tarantulas, scorpions, horntoads and occasional snake anyday!
:)
I may take you up on some parts from your 70. It looks as though the body shop may have "misplaced" some of the smaller peices. I will let you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts