Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
This car is 30 miles from me but not worth looking at at that price, especailly with no A/C in Texas.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Heh. "Croger SS wheels".

·
Registered
936 Posts
Understand, I like the car, especially if it was a 4 speed from the factory. They are pretty rare. Just hard to sell a hardtop in Texas without a/c in that range. It looks like an XR7, if so your should say that. Also, if it was an XR7 with original interior, it would have leather seats and not vinyl. A more detailed ad with the Marti report, picures of the underside, etc, would really help you get closer to your number. Also, you might comment if you have any of the original parts that have been changed out to aftermarket. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they do have leather and ill get more picures of it, i was going to do the ac and yes i do have a lot of the parts they are in az but i can get them, I also have a extra hood body plannels

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the new price is 12k i well have more pics tonight guys

·
Registered
505 Posts
Would just like to connect with other DFW cougar owners. I'm doing a '69 Eliminator with my daughter. Any interest?

·
11,000 Posts
Several Lone Star Cougar Club members and their Cougars will be at the Cracker Barrel in Lewisville on Saturday October 8. That is tonight!!!!!!!

We are the visiting club to the NTMC Saturday Night Cruise. We committed six or eight months ago to participate in the car show hosted by the North Texas Mustang Club. They have a reserved spot for our cars to be on display and a club members car is pictured on all of the trophies. There is also a special class for our cars.
The car show starts @ 4:00 and awards at 7:30.

The address is: 889 South Stemmons Freeway
Lewisville, Texas
You can find full information on the NTMC website. www.ntmc.org

Would just like to connect with other DFW cougar owners. I'm doing a '69 Eliminator with my daughter. Any interest?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I like the one piece design, I have always liked SS wheels and have run them retty much all along but the centers of the two piece ones were way too prone to peeling/corrosion. But, looks like they are aluminum? Clear coated? Either way, I like chrome better for longevity/low maintenance, seems chrome on aluminum is not that common from what I have seen. My Foose Legend's are chrome on aluminum. Anyway, I like the wheel!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
748 Posts
I like the one piece design, I have always liked SS wheels and have run them pretty much all along but the centers of the two piece ones were way too prone to peeling/corrosion. But, looks like they are aluminum? Clear coated? Either way, I like chrome better for longevity/low maintenance, seems chrome on aluminum is not that common from what I have seen. My Foose Legend's are chrome on aluminum. Anyway, I like the wheel!

Regards,

Bob
The pic shown is a polished aluminum version. I don't know if it has a coating or not but I have a set underneath my bed that are chrome over aluminum. They are awesome looking and they don't have the uni-lug lug pattern. The only thing that I don't care for is the Cragar logo by the valve stem. Hopefully I'll be able to put them on a Cougar very soon.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I hope you'll take the following in the spirit it is intended, which is to help you sell the car, not cut you or the car down in some way:
Personally, when I'm shopping and run across an ad full of obvious misinformation, I tend to stay away. For example, there were no factory "14x8" wheels installed on a Cougar, (or any other Ford-Lincoln-Mercury product, for that matter.) The ad states the car has a "rag top", which means convertible, but it doesn't appear to be a convertible in the pictures. Sloppy misspellings, and poor grammar, such as the "Croger SS" wheels, already mentioned, imply that the seller may be sloppy and uncaring about other things to, like maintenance.
It has a Holley (not "Holly") Dominator carburetor? Really? Holley Dominators are not street carbs, they require an uncommon intake manifold, and would be a generally poor choice on a street 351. So either the info is wrong, or the car is set up in a really questionable way. And who ever heard of a carburetor of any type with an electric fan? That just doesn't make sense. Perhaps something else is meant, but the ad says the engine is equipped "with a Holly Dominator carburetor with a electric fan ran to a switch." (And it should be "an electric fan", btw.)
"Racing cam?" What does that mean? Drag racing? Road racing? Autocross? Different cams would be appropriate for each, but as a general rule "racing" cams are a bad idea in a street car. Also, virtually all "racing" cams are going to require either solid or roller lifters. Has the engine been converted? That's something a serious potential buyer of a car with a racing cam would want to know. In other words, throwing out a buzz phrase like "racing cam" is far more off-putting than helpful, unless its backed up with specs to explain what is meant.
Along that same line, phrases like "underneath the car it has been coated" just leave a potential buyer shaking his head. Coated with what? Primer? Rattle can undercoat from Wal-Mart? A professionally-applied rust treatment?
Other info that would be helpful to buyers: Is the car a factory 4 bbl (M code) or a converted 2 bbl car? Is the transmission wide or close ratio? What gears in the differential? Limited slip or open? Any upgrades to the suspension to go along with the engine mods, or all stock?
A better picture of the exterior of the car would be very helpful. The current pic doesn't show off the car well at all, and whether its the lighting, camera flash or what, the paint look like clear shot over primer. '70 Cougars are attractive cars, post a pic that capitalizes on that.
Basically, what it comes down to, is that ads with solid, factual information, professionally presented and accompanied by an attractive photo are what sell cars. Good luck with your sale. The car does have some things going for it, I hope it finds a good home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts