Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a repro XR7 deck lid badge, this one - http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/xrdeck.html

The black paint in the centre of the badge did not line up vey well and looked a little shoddy. I am in Australia, so thought, sh!t, I need to send it back to the US for another one and I will need to wait for months. So I went to my panel guy and asked whether there was anything he could do for me. He took the badge from me, frowned, and started asking questions about the Cougar. We talked about a few different things - the paint, the rust, the constant attention I get from rapidly expanding middle aged men and the lack of attention from anyone with two X chromosomes. I then said, 'Anyway, can you fix the badge?' He handed it back and laughed - he had already fixed it by scratching off the paint with his fingernail. Why do people take such pleasure in making lawyers look thick?

Anyway, can anyone send me a picture of where on the boot lid (known to across the drink as the deck) the XR7 badge is supposed to be placed? It does not come with directions.

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

From John's Classic Cougars I believe. I put the XR and 7 a little closer together because I think the way shown doesn't look right. Regarding the pictures you cited, the first two look about right, the third (blue car) is way off.

Here is a picture of the badge on mine:

As I mentioned above, you can see how I placed the two pieces a little closer together.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob. And your paints looks fantastic.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You are very welcome Sam! :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts